- This event has passed.
Third Future of Surfactants Summit Europe 2018
7. February 2018 @ 8:00 - 8. February 2018 @ 20:00
The event will take place February 7-8, 2018 in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Rising to End-Market Expectations through Transparency, Sustainability, Cost & Performance
Join ACI’s (Active Communications International) third annual Future of Surfactants Summit Europe and listen to Stephen Mudge, Senior Scientist at NILU give a presentation entitled: “Comparing Petrochemical with Oleochemical Feedstocks – does it matter where they come from?”, focusing on:
- The alkyl component of several different surfactant classes may be sourced either from petrochemical or oleochemical raw materials. The resulting surfactants are essentially the same at the gross scale, independent of the source matter.
- Palm kernel oil is the main oleochemical source and produces even chains, C10 to C14, with no branching. Petrochemical sources may also contain odd chain lengths and also included branched compounds depending on synthetic pathway for manufacture. The preference for the raw material depends partly on the market conditions.
- The short-term environmental fate of these molecules is a function of their structure and differences may exist between the raw materials.
- The EU desired a move towards a bio-based economy including enhancing the oleochemical sourcing of raw materials used in surfactants. Analytical methods are available that can provide provenance for the source of such raw materials.
Who will attend?
Taking place in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, on 7th & 8th February, this event will bring together senior executives from the entire value chain: feedstocks suppliers, surfactants producers, end-product manufacturers, along with technology providers and industry associations.
GBP 240 Early Bird Discount Expiring Soon: Register Before October 31, 2017 for only GBP 1355 (ex. VAT) instead Of GBP 1595 (ex.VAT)
The standard delegate rate is GBP1595 (ex.Vat) which includes attendance of the two day conference, all speakers’ presentations, lunches and networking opportunities as well as documentation from the event.
Online registration can be made here