- This event has passed.
Life Sciences IP Summit 2017
28. November 2017 - 29. November 2017
The Life Sciences IP Summit 2017, taking place on the 28th – 29th November, 2017 in London, United Kingdom has been designed with General Counsel, Heads of, and Specialists within Intellectual Property, Patents, Portfolio Management, Innovation, R&D, Licensing, in mind. Helping you maximise the value of your organisation’s intellectual property, navigate benefit areas within existing European IP frameworks, and find clarity after a series of curtailing decisions on innovation, including Brexit, the Life Sciences IP Summit is not one to be missed!
Early confirmed speakers include:
- Dr. Sven Bostyn, Chair of the Expert Group on Patent Law in the Field of Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering, European Commission
- Peter Storm, Senior Patent Attorney, AstraZeneca
- Harriet Strimpel, Chief IP Counsel, New England Biolabs
- Gavin Lawson- Director Intellectual Property, Gilead Sciences
- Dr. Dieter Tzschoppe, Director Operations Biotechnology / Pure and Applied organic Chemistry, European Patent Office
As you would be aware, the shifting political landscape has brought with it the potential for profound change to the patent landscape in Europe. The Early Certainty Programme will no doubt significantly increase the pressure on in-house IP departments through reducing years of work into just 12 months.
Patenting in a pharmaceutical context is unique in that companies need to protect their ideas quickly. That’s why after months of research we have put together the Life Science IP Summit bringing together General Counsel, Heads of and Specialists within Intellectual Property, Patents, Portfolio Management, Innovation, R&D, and Licensing within the pharmaceutical sector > View the event programme
Key highlights at the conference
- Exclusive breakfast briefing led by UPC Rules and Procedure Committee and Munich Regional Court on navigating a changing patent landscape involving UPC, consequences for SPCs, and find clarity after a series of curtailing decisions on innovation, including Brexit
- Gain clarity on what kind of life science subject-matter is eligible for patent protection with sessions led by the European Patent Office
- Ablynx share their case study on how to increase revenue at the commercialisation stage
Nowhere else will you find a more senior and focused group discussing the commercial requirements and legal issues around European IP with Life Sciences at the cynosure of discussion at all times. Book your place online to make sure you don’t miss out!