- This event has passed.
Brand Protection & Anti-Counterfeit Summit 2017 (updated August 21, 2017)
14. November 2017 - 15. November 2017
Legal IQ presents Brand Protection & Anti-Counterfeit Summit 2017 scheduled for November 14-15, 2017, London, United Kingdom
Calling all Brand Protection and Anti-Counterfeit Specialists!
Your company has invested thousands, perhaps millions of euros and immeasurable hours into building brand equity. And with one infringement, your brand, your revenue, your reputation and your rights can be put at risk within minutes.
Bringing together the most innovative brands and enforcement agencies in Europe, the 12th Annual Brand Protection & Anti-Counterfeiting Summit is your chance to develop solutions, strategies and programmes to minimise infringements against your brand, and ensure that you are protected against an ever-quicker-evolving threat.
A recent report conducted by Lecorpio showed that more than a third of companies have increased trademark policing budgets for 2017. With recent in-house trends suggesting that lawyers are prioritising other concerns such as reducing legal spend, compliance, and ethics management, it might be somewhat unexpected that legal departments are adding to their trademark policing budgets. It is never easy to ask company executives for more resources; but where those costs can be justified, there’s less resistance.
This year the Brand Protection & Anti-Counterfeit Summit will feature 18 different presentations focusing on: the collaboration between brands and other entities to fight fakes, creative solutions to combatting counterfeiting, emerging technologies in the context of brand protection & anti-counterfeit, and organisational factors to improve the conditions in the fight against counterfeit. Participants include:
- Delphine Bordier – Director Senior Corporate Counsel, Getty Images
- Alessandro Farris – Head of IP Enforcement,Luxottica
- Mark Bearfoot – Brand Protection Manager EMEA, Harley-Davidson Motor Company
- Stella Padovani – Worldwide Intellectual Property & Brand Protection Manager, Moncler Group
- Paul Dicken – Brand Protection Manager, Liverpool Football Club
The agenda will be finalised over the next few weeks, but you can download a draft programme here
The Brand Protection and Anti-Counterfeit Summit has been designed with Heads of and Specialists in Intellectual Property, Brand, Brand Protection, Trademarks, Security, Investigations, Brand Security, Anti-Counterfeiting in mind.
The Summit represents the most interactive and case-study led conference helping you to build collaboration between your brand and other entities to fight fakes, develop creative solutions to combatting counterfeiting, understand the emerging technologies in the context of brand protection & anti-counterfeit, and assess organisational factors to improve the conditions in the fight against counterfeit.
2017 expert speaker panel highlights:
- Claire Wood – Global Anti-Counterfeiting Director, Reckitt Benckiser
- Scott Kuperus – Currency Security and Technical Expert, The Royal Mint
- Victoria Weisner – Trademark Counsel (New Generation Products), British American Tobacco
- Sandro Chiesura – Senior Legal Counsel Intellectual Property Global Rights Owner, eBay
- Petra Herkul – Head of Trademarks, Royal DSM
The 12th Annual Brand Protection & Anti Counterfeiting Summit is the largest event dedicated to the protection of Brands, with discussions and networking unrivalled. We have attendees from, ebay, Furla, World Federation of Sporting Goods, FACT, The Royal Mint, International Federation of Spirits Producers, Moncler Group, Liverpool Football Club, Bayer, Vans, Reckitt Benckiser, Royal DSM, Getty Images, Luxottica, Harley-Davidson Motor Company, plus many more…