- This event has passed.
2017 IP World Summit
September 25 - September 27
Future strategies in a world of uncertainty: new rules, innovation and competition
IP (International Patent) leaders are facing a surge of uncertainties including Brexit, UPC, The Trump Administration, the European Trade Secrets Directive, reviews of SEPs and SPCs, not to mention the growing threat of the new disruptive competition.
With these complex challenges faced by IP Leaders; Legal IQ presents The 11th Annual IP World Summit (formally known as Global Patent Congress) which will be taking over Amsterdam 25th-27th September 2017, at Postillion Hotel Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
So what is the 2017 Summit all about? And more critically, how will it help you to develop, accelerate and refresh your global IP strategy?
In short 2017 will be all about reframing your strategic approach and building critical capabilities to help your business thrive, take the opportunity to reduce your risks and gain cutting edge new perspectives from 60+ expert speakers, 5 international keynotes while networking with your peers, at the most interactive strategic conference in intellectual property.
Hot topics in the programme include:
- Find out how IP leaders are adapting their global strategies in response to disruptive competition and rapid change
- Open innovation: what is the new industry standard on smart IP models and benefits sharing?
- China: hear real experiences of enforcement and licensing that will make you rethink your IP approach
- UPC sunrise: how to prepare for these new courts plus last minute opt-in/opt-out advice
- IP in the digital economy: protecting digital inventions in a post-Alice world
- Practical approaches to IP management, from filing strategy through to licensing and enforcement.
A preview of the 2017 speakers:
- Erich Andersen, VP and Chief IP Counsel, Microsoft (USA)
- Dr Joo Sup Kim, VP of Intellectual Property, LG Electronics (South Korea)
- Michael Proksch, Associate General Counsel, Intel (USA)Dr Jeffrey Lindsay, Head of Intellectual Property, Asia Pulp & Paper (China)
- Keith Bergelt, CEO, Open Invention Network (USA)
- Sam Granata, Judge at the Court of Appeal Antwerp and Member of the Legal Framework Group, Unified Patent Court
- Dr Marco M. Aleman, Director, Patent Law Division, WIPO
- Stephane Drouin, Chief Intellectual Property Counsel, UCB
Get ahead of the current challenges facing the IP industry, and join IP World Summit 2017! The early bird rates are valid until July 7, 2017.
Registration can be made here
The Agenda can be downloaded here