JEC Asia 2019 will take place in Seoul, Korea from November 13-15, 2019.
A compelling programme with outstanding speakers
JEC Asia 2019 features a fulfilling conference program with experts from the industry, giving their insights on the latest developments in high-performance composite technologies and applications. A large panel of industry experts will take the stage to discuss the most recent innovations but also the challenges that the different application industries will face in the future.
Conference sessions topics include: Carbon Fibre, Automotive, and Aeronautics.
- Carbon fibres session ‒ part of the International Carbon Festival Conference: world-class experts will discuss carbon fibres and other forms of carbon materials and their latest developments on Nov. 13 from 11 am to 6 pm, with our partner KCTech.
o Claudio Jarreta Neto, Non-metallic Materials Consultant at Petrobras, will speak about Composites for Off-Shore Applications at 11:25 am
o Professor Sung Ha, Hanyang University, will give a review of Hydrogen Pressure Vessel Technology at 11:50 am
o Tadashi Uozumi, Principal Engineer from Murata Machinery to speak about Multiple filament winder – High-Speed Production System for CFRP High-Pressure Hydrogen Vessels at 12:15 pm
o Automotive session: speakers from various Tier companies will discuss composite golden triangle and new hybrid solutions on Nov. 14, 9 am to 4 pm.
o Dr. Bin WEI, Senior Manager Lightweight at NIO, will open the automotive full-day conference with an exclusive presentation on the future of Electric Vehicles, Lightweight and Composites’ Innovations at 9 am. NIO is a global-Chinese electric vehicle company offering premium smart electric vehicles and providing the best user experience.
o G. Kalkoffen from CARBON TT will present their latest composite innovations at 12 pm
o Choon Soo Lee, Team Leader at Hyundai Motor Group on the subject of Development Status of Continuous Fibre Reinforced Thermoplastic Composites for Automotive Application at 2 pm
- Aeronautics session about faster processes and new materials on Nov. 15 from 9 am to 3:30 pm with our partner, CFK Valley.
o Professor Dr.-Ing. Axel Herrmann, Head of Predevelopment at AIRBUS COE VTP at 9 am
o Jens Boelke, Head of Composites & New Technologies at Thomas Technik at 9:25 am
o Georg Lonsdorfer, Business developer at Airbus Americas Engineering at 9:50 am
o Dr. Joachim H. Henning, Director Innovation & Communication at CFK Valley at 10:40 am.
o Charlotte Troubat, Marketing manager at Chomarat on High-performance thermoplastic multiaxial reinforcement in aerospace structure at 12:05 pm
o Sean Henson, Global Product Manager at Aero Ascent Aerospace on Composites & Additive Manufacturing Composite Tooling & Additive Manufacturing at 1:30 pm
In addition to this programme, the 2019 edition of JEC Asia will welcome for the first time the eMove360° ASIA exhibition and conferences focusing on the critical topics of electric mobility, Charging & Energy, Battery & Powertrain, as well as Vehicles and Mobility Concepts.
eMove360° ASIA conference sessions themes include:
- Trends of E-mobility and Self-Driving Vehicles: trends and future of e-mobility in Asia
- Battery and Power Train
- E-mobility Charging and EnergyNew in 2019: Innovation Stage Programme
This year JEC Asia will feature an exclusive Innovation Stage Programme to put the spotlight on the startups that participate in Start-up Booster competition. Communications and business experts will host several sessions on business, management, and marketing as a way to provide insights and advice on how to run a successful start-up business, leverage funds, find new investors and so on.
Part of the programme includes the following sessions on Nov. 14 (within the Start.up Village):
- Pitching Skills Session – Shine in the Spotlight & Bring More Value to Your Messages with Mr Peter HOPWOOD, Founder, Hopwood Communications, as host,
- What Makes Entrepreneurs and Startups Successful in the South Korean Composites Industry with Mr Sung Kyu HA, Professor, and Head of Center for Structures & Composites, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering at Hanyang University as host,
- How to Raise Money in Asia Pacific with Mrs Ellen YE, Investment Director Asia-Pacific, Solvay Ventures
- How to Commercialize Advanced Materials and Composites Technology with Henry SHIN, Director, Kolon Composites Innovation Center,
And on the same day, at the Start-up Branch (KITA Startups Incubator at COEX) :
- The 4th Industrial Revolution: Implementing IoT and AI to Composite Materials & Manufacturing with Avner BEN-BASSAT, Founder & CEO of Plataine
- Start-up Booster & JEC Innovation Awards Ceremony
Full program available at jec-asia.events
JEC Group is the world’s leading company dedicated entirely to the development of information and business connections channels and platforms supporting the growth and promotion of the composite materials industry. Publisher of the JEC Composites Magazine – the industry’s reference magazine, JEC Group drives global innovation programs and organizes several events in the world, including JEC World (the foremost and world-leading international exhibition dedicated to composite materials and their applications), which takes place every March in Paris.
The eMove360° Europe 2019 (October 15-17, 2019, Messe München), International Trade Fair for Mobility 4.0 – electric – connected – autonomous is the world’s largest technology trade fair for electric mobility and connected & autonomous driving. It is also dedicated to sustainable mobility solutions such as car-sharing and intermodal mobility. With its various platforms – the trade show as the annual industry gathering, the eMove360° Award and the MATERIALICA Award, the eMove360° magazine with online news portal, the eMove360° Conferences as well as the eMove360° Club and the eMonday networking events – eMove360° sees itself as an umbrella brand for the New Mobility and an international marketplace that brings together offer and demand on a global level. eMove360° is strengthening its position at the forefront of the New Mobility with eMove360° ASIA 2019, presented for the first time from November 13-15, 2019 at COEX Exhibition Center in Seoul, South Korea, and conducted in close collaboration with the Korean Electric Vehicle Association (KEVA) and JEC World.