The European Commission is working on a proposal to revise the European labour market statistics on businesses (LMB), aimed at making statistics more up-to-date and more comparable across countries, improving coverage of the economy and ensuring the collection of data on the annual unadjusted gender pay gap.
In this context, the Commission is carrying out a public consultation to gather input from stakeholders. Between February 09, 2022 and May 04, 2022, statistics users and producers, institutional as well as individual data providers are invited to participate.
The consultation will focus on understanding to what extent existing labour market statistics on businesses continue to efficiently and proportionately provide the evidence needed to help in the decision-making process for EU policies, as well as assessing the most critical gaps, including new data needs and what is the potential for simplification.
The public consultation covers both backwards-looking evaluation of existing EU legislation, as well as forward-looking modernisation options.
How to contribute?
You can contribute to this consultation by participating in our online survey, available in all official EU languages.
Organisations and businesses participating in public consultations are asked to register in the EU’s Transparency Register.
If you are unable to submit your reply online, please contact us.
For more information:
- Eurostat public consultation page on the labour market statistics on businesses
- Eurostat dedicated section on the labour market
- Visit the dedicated consultation page: European labour market statistics on businesses (LMB)
- For open and closed Eurostat related public consultations visit here.
- Other initiatives underway can be found in the “Have your say” webpage.