You are cordially invited to WIPO’s Webinar for the launch of the Report on Voluntary Copyright Registration Systems.
The Report summarises the findings of the third WIPO “Survey on Voluntary Copyright Registration Systems”. Based on responses from 109 WIPO Member States, the Report covers information on existing regulations regarding voluntary copyright registration, recordation and legal deposit systems on all continents.
During the webinar, the author of the Report, Prof. Stef van Gompel, as well as experts from various national administrations will come together to discuss the findings of the Report and to share additional insights and perspectives on registration, recordation and legal deposit systems around the world.
- 14:00 – 14:30 Q&A
- Mr. Stef van Gompel, Professor of Intellectual Property at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and associate professor at the Institute for Information Law of the University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Mr. Claudio Patricio Ossa Rojas, Head, Intellectual Rights Department, Ministry of Education, Chile
- Ms. Anna Vuopala, Senior Ministerial Adviser, Ministry of Education and Culture, Finland
- Mr. Peter Labody, Vice President for Legal Affairs, Hungarian Intellectual Property Office, Hungary
- Ms. Dora Salamba-Makwinja, Executive Director, Copyright Society of Malawi (COSOMA), Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Wildlife, Malawi
- Mr. Emerson G. Cuyo, Director, Bureau of Copyright and Related Rights, Intellectual Property Office of the Philippines (IPOPHL), Philippines
- Ms. Alhanoof M. Aldebasi, Executive Director of Copyright, Saudi Authority for Intellectual Property (SAIP), Saudi Arabia
- Mr. Robert J. Kasunic, Associate Register of Copyrights and Director of Registration Policy and Practice, United States Copyright Office, United States of America
Simultaneous interpretation into English, French and Spanish will be available during the event.
- Date: Wednesday, December 8, 2021
- Time: 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. (CET)
Online Registrastion can be had here