Reimagination and reinvention: escaping into the joy of colour!
Pantone LLC announced the Pantone Fashion Colour Trend Report Spring/Summer 2021 edition for London Fashion Week (LFW).
Summary of the in London presented colours:
Published for the fashion industry by the Pantone Color Institute, the trend forecasting and colour consultancy, this season’s report features the top ten standout colours as well as current takes on five core classics we can expect to see as fashion designers introduce new spring/summer collections. Combining a spirt of lightheartedness with functionality and flexibility, colours for Spring/Summer 2021 emphasize our desire for the pleasure and enjoyment color can bring to our lives
- Whilst surrounded by uncertainty in these indeterminate times, Spring/Summer 2021 colours for LFW highlight our need to immerse ourselves into a world characterized by colours that reflect hope and optimism, according to Pantone Color Institute’s colour experts.
- Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute:
- “A range of floral hues reflective of gardens in springtime awakens our spirit, reinvigorating our interest in colour that inspires feelings of much needed optimism. Colours that are flexible and can work year-round, colours that amalgamate our desire for comfort and relaxation with energy and determination.”
- About the Spring/Summer 2021 London Colour Palette:
- Floral hues reflective of gardens in springtime paired with new core classics fuses a spirt of lightheartedness with functionality and flexibility
- • PANTONE 14-3205 Pirouette: A diaphanous pink adds a tender touch.
- • PANTONE 16-0436 Pickled Pepper: A garden variety green both mildly sweet and pleasantly tangy.
- • PANTONE 15-3716 Purple Rose: The mystical Purple Rose conveys a message of enchantment.
- • PANTONE 16-1253 Orange Ochre: This earthy orange transcends the seasons.
- • PANTONE 13-5412 Beach Glass: A watery aqua tumbled smooth by the waves and currents.
- • PANTONE 14-1050 Marigold: Marigold is a comforting golden orange infused yellow that lends a warming presence.
- • PANTONE 18-4250 Indigo Bunting: A brilliant blue with cheerful gusto, Indigo Bunting is emblematic of the all-blue male song bird.
- • PANTONE 18-1552 Lava Falls: This hot molten red erupts with a flowing energy.
- • PANTONE 13-0647 Illuminating: Friendly and joyful, an optimistic yellow offering the promise of a sunny day.
- • PANTONE 16-4535 Blue Atoll: Blue Atoll is suggestive of a tropical island in the sea.
- About the Spring/Summer 2021 Classics:
- Core hues whose versatility transcends the seasons.
- • PANTONE 11-0202 Baby’s Breath: A tinted off-white lighter than air.
- • PANTONE 17-2021 Macchiato: Macchiato is a coffee with cream shade imbued with warmth.
- • PANTONE 19-4105 Polar Night: A profoundly deep and restful twilight blue.
- • PANTONE 17-5104 Ultimate Gray: Quietly assuring and reliable, Ultimate Gray encourages composure.
- • PANTONE 18-0529 Sphagnum: Mossy green Sphagnum carpets the ground with color.
- About Fashion Color Trend Report
- The colours featured in the semiannual Pantone Fashion Color Trend Report are selected from the Pantone Fashion, Home + Interiors Color System, the most widely used and recognized color standards system for fashion, textile, home and interior design. Each season, the Pantone Color Institute issues the Pantone Fashion Color Trend Report as semi-annual color trend forecasts for the upcoming season, highlighting the top colors you can expect to see at New York Fashion Week and London Fashion Week. The Pantone Fashion Color Trend Report serves as a color reference throughout the season for fashion enthusiasts, reporters and retailers.
- About the Pantone Color Institute
- The Pantone Color Institute is the business unit within Pantone that highlights the top seasonal runway colors, selects the Pantone Color of the Year, forecasts global color trends, and advises companies on color for product and brand visual identity. Through seasonal trend forecasts, color psychology, and color consulting, the Pantone Color Institute partners with global brands to effectively leverage the power, psychology, and emotion of color in their design strategy.