JEC Forum DACH’s primary goal is to promote the region DACH area’s dynamic composites ecosystem through a promising program that includes conferences, start-up competition, and awards. The first edition of the JEC DACH Forum, unique in its format and content, will occur in the Forum of Messe Frankfurt from November 23 to 24, 2021.
For two days, the JEC Forum DACH programme will offer the opportunity to exchange and learn about the current and future developments of Composites in the DACH region through a rich program of conferences, the JEC Composites Startup Booster, and the JEC-AVK Awards. JEC Forum DACH will include pre-arranged Business Meetings between sponsors and attendees as well as sponsors’ workshops. Advance registration is required to attend this forum that expects to gather 500 participants.
Conferences, Keynotes, and Market Overview
JEC Forum DACH will feature cutting-edge live conferences with exclusive keynotes organised by the AVK.
The composites industry provides a significant impetus, e.g. in its process technologies for hybrid structures or integrated manufacturing and modern mobility or new materials in the booming construction sector. There’s been an increasing number of marketable ideas for recycling and sustainability solutions. Furthermore, an exclusive report on current market developments in the European composites market will be delivered.
JEC Forum DACH will also feature a fulfilling conference programme with experts from the industry giving insights on the latest developments in high-performance composite technologies and applications.
Each day of the forum will be broken down as-is:
• Two keynote speeches led by one or two high profile experts
• Conferences/technical presentations
• Workshops and Business Meetings
November 23, 2021
09.30- 10.00 : Keynote session
- The first keynote will be presented by Dr. Heinz-Jürgen Büchner & Sven Anders of IKB Dt. Industriebank, introducing the topics of “Trends in the global raw material markets”
10.00 – 11.30: Conference session: Market developments
- Composites Market Report, presented by Dr. Elmar Witten, AVK
- Fibre Market Developments with regards to EMI shielding, presented by Robert Brüll, FibreCoat GmbH
- Composites Industry 4.0, presented by Marc Kirchhoff, Trumpf
14.30 – 15.00 : Keynote session
- The second keynote will address the subject of Assessment of the sustainability of composites, presented by Prof. Hans-Josef Endres, IKK
15.00 – 16.30: Conference session
- Recycling of thermoplastic composites into high value long-fibre reinforced thermoplastics presented by Marnix van Gurp of Brightlands Materials Centre
- Mechanical recycling of glass fibers can be profitable, presented by Andrea Tuni, University of Strathclyde
- Keen to be Green – Increasing sustainability in composite resins manufacturing, presented by Thomas Wegmann, AOC Aliancys
- Current legislation for producers of composites parts, presented by Dirk Punke, BÜFA
November 24, 2021:
09.30- 10.00: Keynote session
- Axel Seifert of Plastic Omnium New Energies & Denis Boahene, Mitsubishi Chemical & Johan Potargent, AMS will address the topic of Hydrogen Tanks for Automotive: Markets, Materials, Processes
10.00 – 11.30: Conference session: Composites for e-mobility
- SMC/BMC materials for E-Mobility presented by Peter Ooms, Lorenz Kunststofftechnik GmbH & Michael Polotzki, Menzolit
- A different approach for successful use of composites in the eMobility market, presented by Sjev van Breugel, Pontis
- Composites for electric vehicle battery casings: requirements, opportunities, and challenges, presented by Warden Schijve, AZL
14.30 – 15.00: Keynote session
- Eva Honickel of the BMW Group will address the topic of CFRTP in automotive industry – from the idea to large scale production
15.00 – 16.30: Conference session: New applications for thermoplastic composites
- Fast and flexible automation of continuous fibres composites for E-mobility, presented by Marcus Kremers, Airborne
- Thermoplastic Composites for sustainable mobility, presented by Hans Luinge, Toray Advanced Composites
- Laser assisted tape winding of high performance tapes – Analysing the influence of placement speed, presented by Pascal Kube, Teijin Carbon Europe GmbH and Markus Hildebrandt, INOMETA GmbH
- Thermoplastic honeycomb cores for automotive applications, presented by Dr. Jochen Pflug, Econcore
Celebrating composites innovation through awards and start-up competition
JEC Forum DACH will feature the JEC Composites Start-up Booster competition for the first time. JEC Composites Start-up Booster, the leading start-up competition in the world of composites, enables the community to find and assess innovations with a potential impact on their respective industries.
This year at JEC Forum DACH JEC Group and AVK will co-organise the Innovation Awards Program.
One goal of the JEC-AVK Innovation Awards is to promote new products/components and applications made from fiber-reinforced plastics (FRP) and promote new processes and methods for manufacturing FRP products. Universities, colleges, and institutes will receive an award for their outstanding work in science and research. In all the categories, sustainability will be the focus.
Another goal of the JEC-AVK Innovation Awards is to give prominence to the innovations and the companies/institutions behind them, thus publicizing their performance throughout the industry.
JEC-AVK awards celebrate innovations in fibre-reinforced plastics (FRP) / composites in the following categories:
- Innovative products/components or applications
- Innovative procedures/processes
- Research and science
JEC Forum DACH will also provide a Composites Tour to enable participants to visit key local composites’ ecosystems on November 25.
They will be there:
4 A Manufacturing GmbH, (Austria), Armacell Benelux Scs, (Belgium) Breton, (Italy), Depestele (France) Dpp Bv (Netherlands ) Gunnar Ag (Switzerland), Gustav Gerster Gmbh & Co. Kg (Germany) Ima Materialforschung Und Anwendungstechnik GmbH, (Germany), Kisling Deutschland GmbH (Germany) Kroenert Gmbh & Co. Kg (Germany) Langzauner Gesellschaft M.B.H (Austria) Mahr Metering Systems Gmbh (Germany), Maschinenfabrik Herbert Meyer GmbH (Germany), Mf Tech (France), Netzsch-Gerätebau GmbH (Germany), Nippon Electric Glass (Netherlands), Romagna Tech Scpa (Italy), Saertex Gmbh & Co Kg (Germany), Simutence GmbH (Germany), Swarco Ag (Austria), Tenowo GmbH (Germany), Thermhex Waben GmbH (Germany) Tissa Glasweberei Ag (Switzerland), Trima Spol Sro (Czech Republic), Tubus Waben GmbH & Co.Kg (Germany), Walter Mäder Ag (Switzerland)
JEC Group is the world’s leading company dedicated entirely to developing information and business connections channels and platforms supporting the growth and promotion of the composite materials industry. Publisher of the JEC Composites Magazine – the industry’s reference magazine, JEC Group drives global innovation programs and organizes several events in the world, including JEC World (the top and world-leading international exhibition dedicated to composite materials and their applications), which takes place every year in Paris.
AVK, the German Federation of Reinforced Plastics, is the professional German association for fibre-reinforced plastics and composites. It represents the interests of manufacturers and processors both in Germany and at the European level. Its range of services includes specialised workgroups, seminars and conferences as well as the provision of market-specific information (www.avk-tv.de). In Germany, AVK is one of the five support organisations of GKV, the German Association of the Plastics Converters. Within Europe, it is a member of the European umbrella association for composites, EuCIA (European Composites Industry Association). AVK is a founding member of Composites Germany.