The Sustainable Development Goal (SDG 4) ‘Quality education‘ seeks to ensure access to equitable and quality education through all stages of life. Apart from formal qualifications, SDG 4 also aims to increase the numbers of youths and adults having relevant skills for employment, decent jobs and entrepreneurship.
Monitoring SDG 4 in an EU context focuses on progress made in promoting and increasing basic education, tertiary education and adult education.
How is your country doing in this regard?
Do you know how many people in your country have completed tertiary education? Or how many adults recently participated in a learning activity? How has the percentage of young people who drop out of school early developed in your country since 2002?
The various visualisation tools in our interactive digital publication ‘SDGs & me’ will help you to easily explore and evaluate the situation of your country as well as compare it to others.
Select your country in the header below and choose different indicators of SDG 4 to find out more:
You can also discover the new visualisation tool ‘SDG country scores’ to see where your country stands compared to the EU average:
For more information:
- Eurostat digital publication ‘SDGs & me’
- Eurostat visualisation tool ‘SDG country scores’
- Eurostat 2021 edition of the monitoring report and its summary brochure
- Eurostat set of Statistics Explained articles on Sustainable development in the EU
- Eurostat website section dedicated to the EU Sustainable development indicators
- Eurostat database on the EU Sustainable development indicators
- European Commission: SDG Policy Mapping tool
- UN webpage dedicated to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development