The Sustainable Development Goal (SDG 9) ‘Industry, innovation and infrastructure‘ calls for building resilient and sustainable infrastructure and promotes inclusive and sustainable industrialisation. It also recognises the importance of research and innovation for finding lasting solutions to social, economic and environmental challenges.
To know more about the situation in the EU as a whole, have a look at our infographic:
How is your country doing in this regard?
Do you know how much your country invests in research and development (R&D) and how this has developed since 2000? How many people work in R&D industries? Or what share of all passenger-kilometres are travelled by bus and train?
The various visualisation tools in our interactive digital publication ‘SDGs & me’ will help you to easily explore and evaluate the situation of your country and compare it to others.
Select your country in the header below and choose different indicators of SDG 9 to find out more:
You can also discover the new visualisation tool ‘SDG country scores’ to see where your country stands compared to the EU average:
This article is published on the occasion of the European Research & Innovation Days (June 23 – 24, 2021).
For more information:
- Eurostat digital publication ‘SDGs & me’
- Eurostat visualisation tool ‘SDG country scores’
- Eurostat 2021 edition of the monitoring report and its summary brochure
- Eurostat set of Statistics Explained articles on Sustainable development in the EU
- Eurostat website section dedicated to the EU Sustainable development indicators
- Eurostat database on the EU Sustainable development indicators
- European Commission: SDG Policy Mapping tool
- UN webpage dedicated to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development