Feedback from our recent World Congress on Textile Coating highlighted the commitment of textile coaters and laminators to act and invest in material technology and machinery to abate detrimental impacts on the environment and ensure a sustainable future for the industry.
To aid this process we are running a special edition of WCTC to consider all aspects of Sustainable Finishing of Textiles. It will take place live online on 30 Sept-1st Oct and 7-8 Oct 2021.
The aim of the conference is to explore the materials, processes and machinery that can help dyers, finishers, coaters and laminators achieve this goal. The programme will consist of invited presentations from key companies contributing to this effort.
We are also issuing a Call for Papers to give the opportunity to those able to speak about the latest developments in:
• Alternative materials, including fibres, fabrics, substrates, coatings, laminates, chemicals dyes, finishes and auxiliaries made from bio-based or recycled materials;
• Growing and processing natural materials in sustainable and environmentally responsible ways
• Manufacturing processes and equipment developed to: reduce the consumption of water, energy and raw materials reduce and/or re-use waste; exploit digital technologies, automation and sensors
• Designs that promote the ability to recycle and/or re-use post-consumer textiles
• Schemes to collect, sort and re-use post-consumer textile products
• Addressing the particular challenges of denim finishing.
Speakers accepted by way of the Call for Papers are eligible for the Early-bird discount on the registration admission fee (before 31.05.2021).
The conference will run over four afternoons (BST) and will be available to attendees on-demand the following day. The event will offer Q&A with the speakers in the dedicated discussion forums, and Group and 1:1 networking in the Networking Lounge for all attendees.