In 2019, Meridian Specialty Yarn Group, Inc., opened one of the most technologically-advanced yarn manufacturing plants in the world and in the process, set an important new standard for sustainable yarn production both here in the USA and abroad.
MSYG’s new yarn plant, located in the foothills of the North Carolina mountains, is equipped with state-of-the art robotics, advanced software systems, automatic dosing systems, other high-tech manufacturing equipment and a large investment in sustainable technologies and processes.
The environmental impact of this investment includes, but is not limited to:
* Dramatically reduced water consumption and chemical use.
* Significantly reduced levels of effluent.
* A reduced carbon footprint because the technical advances in the dyeing and drying processes in our new plant use much less electricity and natural gas compared with our previous technology.
* New technologies, such as Space Dye Plus, a process for adding color in the absence of water.
The end result is a facility that operates with considerably less harm to the environment than other existing technologies in North America. This gives our customers access to a variety of sustainably-produced yarns and a supply chain partner with a verifiable sustainability story.
MSYG is also committed to integrating sustainable yarns into our mix and below are a few examples of the sustainable yarns and yarn technologies we offer:
• Organic cotton yarn
• Recycled polyester yarn
• Natural products such as wool-based yarns
• CiCLO Additive Technology Polyester yarn – which degrades in landfills and waterways at a rate similar to that of a natural product such as wool.