Freudenberg Performance Materials Apparel (Freudenberg) has succeeded in achieving the technical feasibility of using recycled fibres in padding. As a new partner of the sustainable bluesign® system, Freudenberg will be presenting the thermo-insulation series comfortemp® down feel HO19xPS and comfortemp® fibreball eco HO29xR at ISPO Munich 2018 from January 28-31 in Hall C3, Stand 436.
For the first time ever, Freudenberg will be presenting the Eco version of the comfortemp® fibreball padding, the world’s first padding made from fibre balls. Made from 80 percent recycled fibres, comfortemp® fibreball eco is a sustainable, high-performance padding and is ideal for sportswear. The remaining 20 percent of the padding is made up of binder components that are essential for making a coherent structure such as padding. “As the first sustainable padding made from fibreballs, comfortemp® fibreball eco combines the benefits of padding and down”, explained Ulrich Scherbel, General Manager Freudenberg Performance Materials Apparel.
The benefits of comfortemp® fibreball eco
- Consists of 80 percent recycled fibres and 20 percent binder components
- Manufactured without the use of chemicals
- Sustainable thermal insulation of the highest class
- Ideal for use in sports garments but also suitable for the fashion sector
- Optimal breathability
- Super soft and fluffy
- No fibre migration: the padding maintains its position in the garment and does not clump
- Very good elastic recovery: can be easily compressed and quickly returns to its normal volume
Freudenberg has re-engineered the padding of the comfortemp® down feel HO19xPS series. It had already consisted of a high proportion of recycled fibres. Now, with this new product series, Freudenberg has has achieved the technical feat of significantly increasing the proportion of recycled fibres.
comfortemp® down feel
- Consists of 85 percent recycled fibre and 15 percent binder components
- Manufactured without the use of chemicals
- Sustainable padding with insulating properties: suitable for use in sports and fashion garments
- Light and voluminous
- Extremely soft feel
- Resistant to fibre migration due to the multi-layered structure
- Ideal for lightweight, smooth nylon outerwear
PYUA: exclusive partner at ISPO Munich 2018
PYUA is a specialist in sustainable outerwear and is the exclusive partner of Freudenberg at ISPO Munich 2018. Both companies aspire to bring technologically top quality and ecologically clean products onto the market. “We are very happy that we can use comfortemp® fibreball eco as padding in our entire collection and present it exclusively at ISPO Munich 2018”, commented PYUA founder Timo Perschke about the collaboration with Freudenberg.
Freudenberg is a new bluesign® system partner
As already reported by TextileFuture, since the end of 2017, Freudenberg has been an official system partner of bluesign technologies, a global network that aims to systematically reduce the burden on humans and the environment caused by the textile industry. Sustainability is deeply rooted in Freudenberg’s corporate principles. bluesign stands for transparency and cooperation throughout the supply chain and is a renowned network that promotes sustainable business practices in the textile industry. This makes the system partnership with bluesign a perfect fit for Freudenberg as a reliable and responsible supplier of thermal insulation materials and interlinings. In the context of this collaboration, alongside the sustainable products themselves, Freudenberg customers receive effective communication materials, right through to point of sale.
Freudenberg Performance Materials is a leading global manufacturer of innovative technical textiles offering differentiated value propositions to a broad range of markets and applications such as Apparel, Automotive, Building Materials, Hygiene, Medical, Shoe and Leathergoods as well as Specialties. In 2016, the company generates sales of more than EUR 950 million and has 25 manufacturing sites in 14 countries and almost 3800 employees. Freudenberg Performance Materials attaches great importance to social and ecological responsibility. For more information, please visit www.freudenberg-pm.com
The company is part of the Freudenberg Group. In 2016, the Freudenberg Group employed more than 48000 people in almost 60 countries worldwide and generated sales of approximately EUR 8.6 billion (including pro-rata consolidation of 50:50 joint ventures)