Retail 2020: 10 Trends in Global Retail—Post-Crisis Update
We provide our updated global retail trends for the remainder of 2020 and into 2021. We have identified five new retail trends and updated our top five existing retail trends in the wake of the coronavirus crisis.
Among the themes we discuss are:
- How retail will be reshaped by the demands of a “mask economy” in stores and in e-commerce.
- The impacts of the Covid-19 crisis on sourcing by retailers.
- How some retail sectors will see more lasting impacts from the crisis.
- How the major pre-crisis themes of inclusivity and sustainability will remain at the top of many retailers’ agendas.
- Why the race to be a “super app” and the rollout of shopping festivals will both intensify.
This report is available for free and can be accessed by registering for a free account.