With the rise in production and testing of medical personal protective equipment (PPE), access to correct testing apparatus and materials is critical. AATCC now offers a one-stop shop for impact penetration testing needs, including Blotting paper suitable for AAMI PB70 classification testing.
AAMI PB70 Level 1-3 certification and testing requires using AATCC TM42, Test Method for Water Resistance: Impact Penetration along with aBlotting Paper that matches the paper specifications included in the AAMI PB70 standard.
Order Testing Supplies
- Blotting Paper for AAMI PB70 or NWSP 80.3 impact penetration testing, Item #78345A
- Standard AATCC TM42, Item #Q78344C
- AATCC also provides impact penetration test apparatus and accessories.
- Additional testing products available at https://www.aatcc.org/products/
Learn More About PP Testing
- For more information about the test method and selecting the correct Blotting Paper, visit http://www.aatcc.org/impact-penetration-testing-for-textiles
- View a recorded webinar on Impact Penetration Testing for Textiles
- Register for an upcoming webinar on surgical mask and respirator requirements
AATCC COVID Relief
In response to the COVID-19 crisis, the AATCC TM42, Test Method for Water Resistance: Impact Penetration test method is currently available for download at no cost.
Other AATCC COVID-19 resources are available from the COVID-19 page on our website.
You may contact the AATCC ordering team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have additional technical questions, please reach out to the technical department at email@example.com.
Founded as the American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists (AATCC), the Association continues to evolve to meet the needs of those in the ever-changing textile, apparel, and materials industries. AATCC has served textile professionals since 1921. Today, the Association provides test method development, quality control materials, education, and professional networking for a global audience.