Due to the current situation, the World Congress on Textile Coating is now scheduled for February 18-19, 2021. We will therefore maximise the opportunity for delegate participation at what promises to be a world-class event.
We will also be expanding the programme to accommodate the numerous technological developments which have occurred in the coating and laminating industry in response to the covid-19 crisis.
To allow the widest possible contribution we are issuing a supplementary call for papers for the conference, details of which are given below.
SUPPLEMENTARY CALL FOR PAPERS
The global pandemic has raised many questions of great importance to the industry both now and in the future, including:
– How can coated and laminated textiles contribute to the provision of PPE for healthcare workers, first responders and other key workers?
– Which traditional markets have been lost forever, and can the opportunities for personal protective equipment (PPE) continue to fill these holes in sales?
– How have supply chains been affected and will these changes be permanent?
– Will more manufacturing return to a local rather than global model?
– How have manufacturers transformed their workplaces to make their staff safer and what more can they do?
– What are the lessons to be learned from the global covid-19 pandemic?
If your organisation has an answer to any of these questions or a story to tell based on the experiences of the last few months, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your abstract and contact details. Abstracts need to be received by June 26, 2020.
Acceptance of a presentation is subject to payment of the half-price registration fee. Speakers accepted by way of the Call for Papers are eligible for a 50 % discount on the registration admission fee. Speakers are responsible for their own travel and accommodation expenses.
Please find below the conference programme to date.
Machinery, equipment and processes for coating and laminating
• Digital dyeing technology – Per Stenflo, imogo AB
• A novel plasma enhanced chemical vapour deposition technology for hydrophobic/oleophobic durable coatings – Grégory Arnoult, AGC Plasma Technology Solutions/Unitex
• Magnet roller coating: a versatile coating system for coating and minimal applications of textiles and nonwovens – Jürgen Hanel, Monforts
• Fibroline S-Preg: a new technology for powder coating – Joric Marduel, Fibroline
• Tactile sensation analyser – Alexander Grüner, emtec Electronic GmbH
Novel applications for coated and laminated textiles
• Haptic cushion coatings – Thomas Schmidt, Huafeng
• Silicones for the textile industry: applications and advantages – Magali Puillet, Elkem Silicones FR
Coatings and laminate materials
• Reinforcement and enhancement of composites through cross-laminated nettings made from renewable raw material – Harry Albus, JX Nippon Anci SAS
• Colloidal silica and percentage play for optimum purchase in textile coating – Paul E. Smith, Advanced Flexible Composites Inc
• A disruptive coating materialization – Carlos Filipe Silva, Tintex
Industry and market trends
• Using a Cohesive Supply Chain to Develop New Concepts and Ideas – Joe Poterala, Mascoe Coating Systems/Gaston Coating Systems
• A water-saving hybrid manufacturing approach for functionalizing technical textiles – Frank Siegel, STFI
• From the fabric to the finishing: an all-round approach to the sustainable production of artificial leather with waterborne bio-based polyurethane dispersions – Gabriele Costa/Riccardo Caprifoglio, Lamberti SpA
• How to be sustainable in the new European scenario: FAITGREEN experience – Davide Visentin, Fait Plast SpA
To register as a delegate at the current discounted Early-bird rates, please visit the conference website. We have a limited number of Sponsorship opportunities available, for full details see the website.