Colour plays an important role in consumers’ decisions to purchase products. To get the colour envisioned by the designer and demanded by the consumer, the communication of colour throughout the supply chain is imperative, especially in textiles items which contain many components.
Attend AATCC’s Colour Management Workshop being held August 26-27, 2020, at the Association’s Technical Center in Research Triangle Park, NC, USA, and hear world-renowned colour experts discuss the following topics:
• Colour Communication – Sandy Johnson, Colour Solutions International
• Colour Basics – Ann Laidlaw, ACL Colour Consulting LLC
• Fundamentals of Dyeing and Challenges to Meet Performance Standards – Nelson Houser
• Understanding Whites and other Fluorescent Materials – Speaker TBD
• Training your Visual Colour Apparel Team – Speaker TBD
• Colour and Lighting: Control, Efficiency, and Compliance – Ann Laidlaw, ACL Colour
• Supply Chain Conformance—Why Don’t my Numbers Match Yours? – Ken Butts, Datacolour
• The Cost of Colour Quality – Andrew Fraser, InMocean Group LLC
• The Evolution and Revolution of Global Colour Management – Carol Revels, Lands’ End Inc.
• Ultra-Portable Colour Measurement: A Spectro in Your Pocket? – Ken Butts, Datacolour
This workshop is designed for merchandisers, retailers, manufacturers, product developers, colour approval managers, specifiers, and designers.
Breakout sessions will focus on illumination and observer issues; sample analysis and measurement technique; implementing virtual development in a digital workflow; processes and technologies for better colour control in the supply chain; and realities of colour management in retail.
Individual and Corporate AATCC members registering on or before August 12 pay USD 775 (nonmembers pay USD 1155). Registration includes luncheons, the AATCC Colour Guidebook, the Textile Colouration for the Retail Supply Chain book, and a copy of all available presentations.
After August 12, the registration fee increases to USD 825 for AATCC members and USD 1205 for nonmembers. Refunds will be honored if cancellations are received on or before August 12, 2020. No refunds will be given after August 12. A USD 75 cancellation fee will be charged. Attendance is limited so early registration is encouraged.
Visit https://www.aatcc.org/events/workshops/colour/ for additional details or to register.
Founded as the American Association of Textile Chemists and Colourists (AATCC), the Association continues to evolve to meet the needs of those in the ever-changing textile, apparel, and materials industries. AATCC has served textile professionals since 1921. Today, the Association provides test method development, quality control materials, education, and professional networking for a global audience.