The first-ever online Roving Seminar on WIPO Services and Initiatives. Taking place on May 26, 2020, at 5.00 p.m. (CEST) the online seminar is an opportunity to learn more about protecting your intellectual property (IP) abroad, and to catch up with the latest developments in our global IP services.
In this live webinar, senior WIPO experts will cover:
• International intellectual property registration systems
• Alternative dispute resolution mechanisms for IP/technology disputes and domain names
• IP and technology databases
• WIPO’s IP portal
Who is this webinar for?
The webinar will be useful for researchers, companies, lawyers, innovators, technology transfer officers, representatives from universities as well as for other IP specialists and practitioners.
Welcome and Introduction to WIPO
– Monika Zikova, Senior Program Officer, Section for Coordination of Developed Countries, Department of Transition and Developed Countries
Protecting your Inventions Internationally with the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT)
– Hanna Kang, Legal Officer, PCT Legal and User Support Section
Protecting your Marks Internationally with the Madrid System
– Benoît Apercé, Information Officer, Madrid Information and Promotion Division, Madrid Registry
Protecting your Designs Internationally with the Hague System
– Jessamyn Honculada, Head, Hague Development and Promotion Section, The Hague Registry
Protecting your Geographical Indications and Appellations of Origin Internationally with the Lisbon System
Solving disputes internationally with the WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center
– Adam Rattray, Head, Information and External Relations Section, WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center
Global Databases for Intellectual Property Platforms and Tools for the Connected Knowledge Economy
– Sandrine Ammann, Marketing and Communications Officer, Global Databases Division
WIPO IP Portal: One-stop shop to WIPO’s online IP services
– Dan Savu, Senior Solution Architect, IP Portal Team, Information and Communication Technology Department
WIPO experts will be happy to answer all your questions during live Q&A session after the presentations.
The webinar is free of charge and will be held in English. To attend, please register