Students, Young Professionals and tutors – all connected by a digital platform: the traditional two-day event, usually held at Creative Room™ (TV – Italy), turned into a webinar for the occasion to provide knowledge and insights.
Created to nurture young talents all over the world and challenge them to push the endless possibilities of denim, ISKO I-SKOOL™ has proven over the years to be more than just a fashion award. Officially launched at Neonyt Berlin, where this year’s Creative Theme “North, East, South, West – connected by one planet” was announced, the seventh edition of this industry’s must-have program has now entered one of its most crucial phases – the Educational one.
Throughout the editions, this moment is meant to involve the shortlisted finalists in a special ISKO I-SKOOL™ two-day learning event. With the aim to provide hand-on experiences by focusing on technical and soft skills development, the Denim Seminar was traditionally held at Creative Room™, ISKO’s style and design research hub in Castelfranco Veneto (TV – Italy).
This year’s twenty shortlisted finalists, selected out of more than 150 applications submitted, took part in a very special version of this educational event. Including students from some of the most renowned schools in the world as well as Young Professionals, the group experienced a new format of the fully-immersive experience which was reinvented on purpose to overcome the difficulties resulting from the delicate international circumstances. Relying on Talentlms digital platform, the Denim Seminar turned into a Denim Webinar, allowing students and Young Professionals to learn from ISKO I-SKOOL™ tutors with the long-standing support of both ISKO and Creative Room™ teams.
Approaching denim from all angles, the presentations provide in-depth knowledge on the entire supply chain. Here is the list:
– “Welcome to the Denim Webinar” by Irem Orhun, Senior Executive ISKO I-SKOOL™ Project;
– “Field to fabric: from cotton to denim fabric” by Baris Ozden, Product Development Manager at ISKO’s R&D Center;
– “Responsible design” by Miles Johnson, Denim Designer;
– “A good design is a sustainable design – How to create a responsible 5-pocket jeans?” by Creative Room: Massimo Munari – Art Director & Manager, Wendy Pasinato – Designer, Anita Santi – Designer;
– “The out-of-standard 5-pocket jeans” by Alessio Berto, The Tailor Pattern Support;
– “Presentation skills” by Marina Tonella, Mestieri-LAB®;
– “Cadica & ISKO I-SKOOL™” by CADICA Group: Carlo Parisatto – CMO Marketing & Sales Director, Alessandro Marchesini – Head of Sales & Global Business, Mirco Reffo – Art Director;
– “Eco-design & sustainable jeans production” by Carme Santacruz Zaragozá, Creative – Brain box at Jeanologia;
– “Intellectual property” by Alessandra Vitagliano, Legal Consultant;
– “Welcome to Linkedin!” by Sila Şener, Relationship Manager at LinkedIn®;
– “Denim trends AW 21/22” by Kelly Harrington, Denimhead, archivist and Japanophile.
Furthermore, an exclusive partners line-up was presented as well, highlighting the network of excellence that the program has developed with key players of the industry: Itema (Platinum partner), Jeanologia (Gold partner), Cadica (Silver partner), Cotton Inc. (Bronze partner), Replay (Copper Partner) and The Tailor Pattern Support (Supporting partner).
“This is a very important moment, within the whole ISKO I-SKOOL™ program,” claimed Irem Orhun, ISKO Senior Executive ISKO I-SKOOL™ Project. “The Denim Seminar is when participants have a concrete chance to gain both knowledge and competences to turn their vision into real garments. We wanted to grant them the possibility to fully experience this moment, even in the difficult international situation we are living, finding a new way to reach them all around the world. We are glad we did it and now we are eager to see what this year’s finalists will present at the end of this journey.”
ISKO I-SKOOL™ 7 shortlisted finalists
- Kotryna Adomaityte – NTU Nottingham Trent University (UK); Bianca Betdashtoo – FIDM Los Angeles (USA);
- Jung Yeon Choi – ESMOD Seoul (South Korea); Lee Da Young – ESMOD Seoul (South Korea); Venla Elonsalo – AALTO Helsinki (Finland);
- Isabel Hambly – NTU Nottingham Trent University (UK); Natasha Law – Istituto Marangoni Milan (Italy);
- Nargiza Makim – POLIMODA Florence (Italy); Domenico Orefice – POLIMODA Florence (Italy); Twinkle Patel – SCAD Savannah (USA);
- Lorenzo Seghezzi – NABA Nuova Accademia Belle Arti – Milan (Italy); Seohee Ruby Shin – FIT Fashion Institute of Technology – New York (USA); Carolina Viviana Wolf – AMD Akademie Mode & Design – Munich (Germany); Sung Woo Yang – ESMOD Seoul (South Korea);
- Ziyu Yao – BIFT Beijing Institute of Fashion Technology (China);
- Morita Yurika – BUNKA Japan (Japan); Ziyang Zhang – TSINGUA University (China).
- Lina Mayorga – Young Professional (USA);
- Ourania Salacha – Young Professional (Greece);
- Shalyn Webber – Young Professional (USA).
About ISKO I-SKOOL™ 7th edition
ISKO I-SKOOL™ continues to shape young talents with the Denim Design Award, open not only to students but also to Young Professionals at the early stage of their careers. For the seventh edition, the main Creative Theme is based on the concept of “North, East, South, West – connected by one planet”. To learn more about the Creative Theme guidelines visit: https://www.iskooldenim.com/guidelines- 201920
The partners this year are: PLATINUM PARTNER – Itema. GOLD PARTNER – Jeanologia. SILVER PARTNER– Cadica. BRONZE PARTNER – Cotton Inc. COPPER PARTNER – Replay. SUPPORTING PARTNER – The Tailor Pattern Support.
For a complete overview on this edition Partners you can visit: https://www.iskooldenim.com/brands- isko-iskool/
The schools competing are among the major international beacons in fashion education. To find out more: https://www.iskooldenim.com/isko-iskool-schools/
ISKO is part of SANKO TEKSTIL, the textile division of the SANKO Group. As the premium denim ingredient brand behind people’s most favorite jeans, it has a strong global presence in 35 countries with 60 international locations.
By virtue of its Responsible Innovation™ approach, founded on creativity, competence and citizenship, ISKO works to make the world a better place bringing awareness to environmental as well as social aspects. As a result of its R-TWO™ program made with certified reused cotton and certified recycled polyester, the company’s denim offer is fully responsible.
Committed to an approach of continuous improvement, ISKO relies on external stakeholder engagement, striving for third-party certifications and partnerships. This has led to many achievements, including: Nordic Swan Ecolabel, EU Ecolabel, STeP by OEKO-TEX® certifications and Textile Exchange, ZDHC, SAC, and Sedex memberships.
The ISKO world is a full-power denim force from the ground up, it includes R&D, Creative Room, Iskoteca, ISKO Creative Room Services, Visionary Minds – all working to create a complete network of excellence, creativity and innovation.
The company’s advanced expertise on woven technologies has extended to the world of sportswear and performance. This has led to the development of two top ISKO™ innovations – Arquas™ and ISKO Vital™– which have changed the game by introducing the benefits of woven fabrics, i.e. durability and recovery power, into the activewear segment. As a result, they have become the go-to solutions to a wide spectrum of needs, from high-performance to lifestyle brands that cater also for sportswear.
ISKO is a trademark of SANKO TEKSTIL. To find out more visit www.iskodenim.com
Itema is a leading global provider of advanced weaving solutions, including best-in-class weaving machines, spare parts and integrated services.
The Company is the only manufacturer in the world to provide the top three weft insertion technologies: rapier, airjet and projectile, with an ample product portfolio and a commitment to continuous innovation and technological advancement of its weaving machines. Itema guarantees the right weaving machine for any type of woven fabric: from commodity to high-end fashion or industrial fabrics, Itema has the right weaving machine for any application.
The Company is also unique in its sector with two R&D units, of which one – ItemaLab – is dedicated entirely to breakthrough innovations and the development of the “loom of the future.” Itema pioneered a new tailor-made approach specifically dedicated to Denim with latest-generation, high-fabric-quality, unparalleled performance and versatility machines to weave premium denim fabrics for leading Denim Mills and Brands worldwide.
To discover more about Itema’s Denim looms, visit www.howdoyoudenim.com and www.itemagroup.com
Since 1994 Jeanologia’s mission has been to create an ethical, sustainable and eco-efficient industry through their disruptive technology and know-how. Their laser, G2 ozone, e-flow, smart boxes and H2Zero have revolutionized the textile industry. They offer infinite design and garment finishing possibilities, while saving water, energy and chemicals, eliminating discharge and toxic emissions.
The company currently employs 257 Jeanologist from 27 nationalities and has clients in 5 continents in 64 countries through its 10 subsidiaries. Over 30 % of the 5 billion of jeans produced worldwide every year are made with their technologies, and the biggest market brands place their trust in Jeanologia, using technology developed by the company.