After six months of extensive industrial testing around the World, Geopower NPS – launched by Garmon Chemicals six months ago – has established itself as the true alternative to pumice stones in denim processing
THE FUTURE IS LEAVING! After being first to market with a technical innovation – Geopower NPS – that was labelled as “hard to believe” at the time of launch, Garmon Chemicals positions Geopower NPS as the breakthrough that has taken denim finishing by surprise.
GARMON has been the protagonist in Kingpins Amsterdam Show (October 25-26, 2017), setting the stage to show the facts behind its latest green innovation, Geopower NPS, a truly exceptional compound that helps eliminate pumice stones from denim washing.
To show the results obtained with this amazing technology described in the press release along with the 4 dimensions of its market success,
Garmon Chemicals will feature two special immersive digital tools.
1) A unique VIRTUAL TOUR in a modern denim laundry:
2) A special AUGMENTED REALITY App, developed by THE ITALIAN JOB, the R&D design studio based entirely on Garmon’s chemistry.
Geopower NPS (= No pumice stone) is a truly exceptional compound that helps eliminate pumice stones from denim washing. Immediately after its official launch in April 2017 at Kingpins Amsterdam, Geopower NPS has made its way into the industrial practices of a number of global denim manufacturers. Nowadays, those leaders talk enthusiastically about this extraordinary conscious innovation and describe it as the first and only chemical compound that truly helps reduce and even eliminate pumice stones from denim washing.
Stefano Aldighieri, President of Another Design Studio Inc. and Creative Director at Arvind Mills says: “I believe that Geopower NPS is getting significant traction because it helps us improve something that we have been doing for decades in our production; I look forward to seeing the day when we stop using pumice stones in our processes and their negative effect on our environment”.
Global markets are finding Geopower NPS surprising on 4 dimensions:
- It is a real innovative step: the compound is more
than an “enzyme”. It is a highly sophisticated and complex compound whose ingredients work in synergy on the indigo that is both on the fibres and in the bath.
- It is a design tool: it allows for heritage-rich looks on denim without the intervention of pumice stones and creates a range of very quintessential effects, helping brands to differentiate their offer as well.
- It is the right thing to do: Geopower NPS is a genuinely responsible solution, taking a respectful distance from the misuse of the word sustainability and from all the opportunistic gimmickry out there.
- It improves environmental impact and efficiencies: it propels industrial practices to the next stage in terms of optimization of the denim processing.
“Replacing an iconic process such as traditional stone wash with Geopower NPS was at times hard: it took people with vision and pioneer spirit. Those pioneers now have an incredible competitive advantage” says Garmon Chemicals’ Chief Marketing Officer, Alberto De Conti.
Geopower NPS, all the advantages:
- Dramatic cut of both transportation costs and expenses caused by disposal of sludge (used pumice);
- Much easier compliance with international environmental regulations related to pollution by wastewater and to disposing of the sludge (used pumice)
- Elimination of manual labour otherwise necessary to remove pumice stones and their dust particles from the pockets of the garments and from the machines
- Higher production output as the removal of the stones creates productive volume inside the washing machines
- Significant quality improvement as metal buttons and rivets are not scratched and damaged
- Better fabric performance as pumice stones cause wear and tear of the cotton
- Much longer lifespan of laundry machines that are no longer corroded up by the stones
- Drop of noise pollution usually triggered by the rolling stones
- More consistent abrasion. Small stones will not give the desired look. Bigger stones can damage the fabric, mostly at the hems and waistbands
- Higher quality output as % of second choices is lower.
Digital innovations with proven facts (firstly) at late Kingpins.
1) A check out could be made at Garmon Group’s stand at Kingpin’s Amsterdam, together with an experience at a VIRTUAL TOUR in a modern denim laundry.
In order to educate visitors who were not familiar with denim garment processing and to provide the expert audience with a new and different experience, Garmon Chemicals has gone the extra mile. By tapping into the skills and equipment of the movie crew that documents the stunts of Moto GP superstar Valentino Rossi, Garmon Chemicals offers a virtual tour of a modern laundry. Visitors will be able to follow the route of jeans during some of the critical operations and will stumble into pumice stones along the way!
2) Experience the “Augmented Reality” to appreciate some hidden qualities of Geopower NPS on The Italian Job’s creations.
Kingpins’ guests also have the opportunity to experience the stylish creations of The Italian Job, sister company of Garmon Chemicals whose main mission is responsible chemistry applied to fashion. The Italian Job will be showcasing a startling product concept capsule entirely built on the stunning effects produced by Geopower NPS.
To show the facts behind the innovation, a special garment was displayed at the Garmon Chemicals booth and, thanks to a dedicated augmented reality app, visitors were able to see in detail every advantage generated by Geopower NPS being tested on a real pair of jeans.