Swedish clothier KappAhl results in Q2 2017: Growth and improved margin
In the second quarter of 2016/2017 our continued clarification of the collections together with our price and campaign strategy contributed to increased sales of 6.5 % compared with the previous year, of which the increase in comparable stores was 1.9 %
• The Group’s sales increased during the quarter by 6.5 per cent and by 7.4 per cent in the first half year.
• The gross margin was positively affected by continued work on the pricing and campaign strategies.
• Operating profit improved and was SEK 47 (31) million for the quarter and SEK 190 (148) million for the half year.
• New loan agreements have been signed and a total of SEK 400 million has been repaid.
• The equity/assets ratio was 64.5 (57.7) %.
KappAhl, founded in 1953 in Gothenburg, Swweden, is one of the leading Nordic fashion chains with nearly 380 stores in Sweden, Norway, Finland and Poland as well as Shop Online. Our mission is to offer value-for-money fashion of our own design with wide appeal. More than half of the range is sustainability labelled. In 2015/2016 sales were SEK 4.7 billion and the number of employees was about 4,000 in nine countries. KappAhl has been listed on Nasdaq Stockholm since 2006.