Celebrating 30 Years of Napapijri in the streets of Florence with an iconic fall/winter collection
Napapijri, founded in Italy in 1987, kicked off their 30th anniversary celebrations by returning to its Italian origins and hosting a series of events in the city of Florence from January 10-13, 2017
Napapijri developed an activation to connect with people who see the world through curious eyes by encouraging them to explore the city of Florence and to discover “The Secret Collection”.
The secret collection
Scattered around the city, Napapijri built five mysterious doors and encouraged people with a “seekers” attitude to seek-out and discover the “The Secret Collection”: multiple expressions of the iconic Rainforest jacket arriving in stores Fall Winter 2017.
Each door provided a unique interactive experience of the different jackets that represent the creative spirit of those who wear them:
• The 30th Anniversary Rainforest: upon opening the secret door visitors were presented with an Ufizzi-esque corridor decked out in statues and artwork but with a two-tone contrast running the length of the room to celebrate the limited edition 30th Anniversary reversible Rainforest.
• The Ski Rainforest: taking inspiration from Napapijri’s first home, the Monte Bianco, and reinterpreted as a true ski jacket this sleek new style was hidden underground only to be exposed by lifting a wooden hatch to reveal the jacket encased in ice.
• The Soft Shell Rainforest: this hybrid jacket is designed for layering and combines performance with an iconic contemporary aesthetic. This eye-catching design was only to be found by the truly inquisitive as a small wall mounted hatch, no larger than a laptop was the portal to an interactive light and sound experience to present the sleek curves of this new jacket.
• The All White Winter Rainforest: the white winter version of the iconic jacket, destined to stand out was to be found within the window of the Napapijri store where it formed the centrepiece of an intricate installation that gave the effect of time standing still.
• The Original Winter Rainforest: the famous icon with the front pocket and the Norwegian flag represents the creative spirit of those who wear it. The final installation highlighted the juxtaposition of the jacket and particular its ability to cross the divide between city and nature. Hidden behind the doors of an everyday white van the jacket was buried within a rainforest landscape perfectly highlight the contrast behind the industrial city and the lush, intense green of the jungle.
The secret event
The celebrations reached a climax on the 11th of January as Napapijri hosted “The Secret Sound”, an evening of music held at the historical Odeon theatre headlined by the eclectic artist Woodkid. The French musician, renowned for his inventive live shows, delivered a unique and inspiring stripped-back set with an arrangement featuring a string quartet.
Napapijri embraces unexpected journeys and combines innovative materials with a unique style, resulting in apparel and experiences that instantly stand out.
Napapijri, founded in 1987 in Italy, is a brand that embraces the unexpected journey. We represent a global mindset through the intersection of boundaries, culture, nature and art. The Napapijri brand is distributed in over 40 countries through a network of 180 mono-brand stores and 2200 multi-brand retailers. Today, the company belongs to the universe of VF Corporation.
VF Corporation is a world leader in the lifestyle clothing and footwear sector with a portfolio of more than powerful brands, including: Wrangler®, The North Face®, Lee®, Vans®, Nautica®, Eagle Creek®, Eastpak®, JanSport®, lucy®, Kipling®, Majestic®, Napapijri®, Red Kap®, Reef®, Riders®, Smartwool® and Timberland®.