2-Day AATCC Workshop addresses Moisture Management Testing
AATCC’s Moisture Management Workshop slated for February 8-9, 2017 will provide an overview of the performance technology associated with moisture management and discuss the test methods needed to evaluate your products’ performance claims. Industry experts will share information regarding customer expectations as well as data interpretation from standard and customized tests
If you are responsible for product evaluation, specifications, and quality control for apparel and textile materials, this workshop is designed for you. The 2-day program will consist of lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on participation.
Industry experts will discuss the following topics:
• Customer Expectations—Justin Coates, Cotton Incorporated
• AATCC TM195 Liquid Moisture Management Properties of Textile Fabrics—John Crocker, SDL Atlas
• AATCC TM200 Drying Rate of Textiles at their Absorbent Capacity: Air Flow Method and
AATCC TM201 Drying Rate of Fabric: Heated Plate Method—Keith Blood, Thermetrics
• Breathability Test Methods: What They Mean and How They Relate to Human Thermal Comfort—Emiel DenHartog, Textile Protection and Comfort Center (TPACC), College of Textiles, North Carolina State University
• AATCC TM204 Water Vapor Transmission of Textiles: Method Overview and Recommended Applications—Jim Hollenbeck, REI
• Moisture Management: Customized versus Standard Testing to Support Product Development and Claims—Haskell Beckham, Exponent
In addition to the above presentations the AATCC technical staff will discuss and demonstrate the following AATCC test methods:
• TM79 Absorbency of Textiles
• TM197 Vertical Wicking of Textiles
• TM198 Horizontal Wicking of Textiles
• TM199 Drying Time of Textiles: Moisture Analyzer Method
Individual and corporate AATCC members registering on or before January 24 pay US$705 (USD 1049 for non-members) and will include luncheons, breaks, and a copy of all available presentations. After January 24, the registration fee increases to USD 755 for AATCC members and USD1099 for non-members. Refunds will be honoured if cancellations are received on or before January 24, 2017. A USD 75 cancellation fee will be charged. No refunds will be given after January 24.
Attendance is limited so early registration is encouraged. The program will be held at the AATCC headquarters in Research Triangle Park, NC, USA. Overnight accommodations are available at the Hotel Indigo, 151 Tatum Drive, Durham, NC 27703, USA. Contact the hotel directly and request the AATCC group rate of USD 109/night. The group rate will be available until January 22, 2017, or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first. Once the room block is filled the group rate will not be honoured.
For additional details and to register visit here
AATCC, the Association of Textile, Apparel & Materials Professionals, is the world’s leading not-for-profit association serving textile professionals since 1921.