Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics Autumn Edition 2016 to open
The global apparel fabrics and accessories industry is gearing up for the opening of the 2016 Autumn Edition of Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics this week. From 11 – 13 October, nearly 4600 exhibitors from 29 countries and regions will feature an all-encompassing selection of products across 10 halls in the National Exhibition and Convention Center (Shanghai).“
After 22 years of development, Intertextile Shanghai has become the world’s most comprehensive trade and communication platform for the textile industry, providing an unrivalled range of fabrics & accessories and establishing its leading status in the industry,” Ms Wendy Wen, Senior General Manager of Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd said.
To ensure both exhibitors and buyers have an effective business experience, the fair’s extensive array of products are grouped in various ways. Located in halls 5.2 & 6.2 are the International Halls hosting over 1,100 exhibitors. The ever-popular SalonEurope features the finest European-made products in the France, Germany, Turkey and Milano Unica Pavilions, as well as from individual exhibitors from the Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland and the UK. The Asian line-up is just as strong, with returning pavilions from India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and Thailand, plus the brand new Hong Kong Pavilion showcasing some of the most popular and innovative products in the Asian market. Meanwhile, cutting-edge and creative textile materials and fabrics can be found in seven Group Pavilions organised by the industry’s leading firms and associations including DuPont, Hyosung, INVISTA, Lenzing and OEKO-TEX, as well as the Korea Textile Trade Association (KTTA) and the Korea Chemical Fibers Association (KCFA).
Designed to fulfil specific market demands, six distinctive product zones gather the top suppliers from different industry sectors to offer a wide range of high-quality sourcing options. These areas include:
• Accessories Vision (hall 4.1): over 500 international and domestic exhibitors will present the latest fashion and garment accessories. An Accessories Trend Forum is also included to display the next seasons’ fashion accessories under three domestic trend themes
• All About Sustainability (hall 5.2): increasing by 10% in scale, all kinds of sustainable products and services will be demonstrated in three main sections: Educational Zone, ecoBoutique and Forum Space
• Beyond Denim (hall 7.2): over 170 exhibitors will exhibit the newest denim products, such as denim yarns, fabrics, accessories and production machinery under the new concept ‘Brooklyn Today’, while the Beyond Denim Forum will illustrate the evolution of denim’s 200-year history
• Functional Lab (hall 5.2): the returning INVISTA Pavilion, the debut Taiwan Pavilion, plus exhibitors from China, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan and Korea will present some of the world’s most advanced fabrics with various functions such as thermo-regulation, moisture wicking, increased durability, elasticity, windproof and more
• Premium Wool Zone (hall 6.2): an exclusive platform to explore premium wool and cashmere fabrics brought by high-quality suppliers from France, Japan, Peru, the UK and elsewhere
• Verve for Design (hall 6.2): well-known design studios from Australia, France, Italy, Japan, Korea, Russia, Switzerland, Thailand and the UK will impress and inspire visitors with their newest original fabric designs
What’s more, Chinese exhibitors are allocated by product end-use categories, including ladieswear, casual wear, shirting, suiting, lingerie and swimwear, as well as functional wear and sportswear.
Various fringe programme events equip industry with latest knowledge
More than just a trade platform, Intertextile Shanghai also provides valuable learning experiences to the industry. The comprehensive fringe programme creates opportunities for fairgoers to exchange professional insights and discover different industry perspectives. Events in the programme include the A/W17-18 Intertextile Directions Trend Forum (hall 6.2), Trend Tours led by top trend forecaster I.S. Planning, the Frankfurt Style Award display (6.2-E02), Fabrics China Trend Forums (halls 4.1, 5.1, 6.1, 7.1, 7.2 and 8.2), China International Fabrics Design & Fabrics Creations Competitions, as well as a number of seminars, a Digital Printing Forum and panel discussions.
Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics – Autumn Edition 2016 is co-organised by Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd; CCPIT, the Sub-Council of Textile Industry; and the China Textile Information Centre.