DJI Opens Its Third Flagship Store in Hong Kong
DJI, the world leader in unmanned aerial vehicle technology, opened the doors of its Hong Kong flagship store to the public on September 24, 2016 making it the third DJI flagship store in the world
Located at the centre of Hong Kong’s busiest shopping district in Causeway Bay, the three-story, 10,000+ square-feet flagship store will display DJI’s full range of aerial and handheld products. The flight cage on the ground floor will allow visitors to see DJI drones in action even from outside the store. The SkyPixel Gallery on the first floor will showcase breathtaking examples of aerial photography from around the world. The second floor will house the technical support center* and a dedicated space for workshops, seminars and special events. Adding to Hong Kong’s iconic skyline is an animated display on the facade of the building, illuminating the instantly recognizable shapes of the DJI drones themselves.
In celebration of the opening was with b a series of activities and programmes throughout the day including:
– Life-size DJI Phantom and Osmo mascots kickstarted the day’s celebration with a street parade around the Causeway Bay area.
– An outdoor flight cage and Virtual Reality experience zone was set- up just outside the World Trade Center for people who want to experience the thrill of being in the pilot’s seat.
– For those who want to play the role of movie director, they can pick up an Osmo (a stabilized 4K handheld camera) to capture all the excitement and happenings in and around the neighbourhood.
– Workshops by aerial photographers, dance and music performances by local bands leading into the early evening.
– Those who wish to tune in to the opening day activities remotely could watch the live stream at http://live.dji.com/hkstore/ or join the Official DJI Hong Kong Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/DJIHKOfficial/
The first 200 customers could enjoy a discount of up to 30 % on selected DJI products purchased at the flagship store on opening day.
“Whether you are a professional interested in the latest aerial-imaging equipment or just looking for your first drone, we welcome everyone to come and learn, discover the joys of flying and share your experience to inspire others,” said Frank Wang, DJI Founder & CEO. “We want to provide a truly unique experience for anyone who walks into our store and leave with a sense of curiosity, excitement or inspiration. We hope our technology can provide a new perspective and allow us to see the world differently.”
On display and for sale will be DJI’s consumer products, including the latest Phantom 4 drone and Osmo Mobile stabilized handheld gimbal, as well as professional products, including the Inspire 1 and Matrice drone series, the Zenmuse Z3, X5R, and XT cameras, and the Ronin handheld three-axis camera gimbal line.
The Hong Kong flagship store is DJI’s third foray into retail after the December 2015 opening of its first flagship store in Shenzhen, China, followed by the Seoul, Korea flagship in March 2016. More than just a retail outlet, the Hong Kong flagship store will provide a location where the worldwide community can connect to share their experience of flight and discover the latest UAV products and aerial cameras.
A video can be viewed here