Eastman to Showcase Vanceva® World of Colour Awards™ Winning Projects at Glasstec 2016
Celebrating colour and glass, Eastman Chemical Company (NYSE: EMN), manufacturer of the Vanceva® Colour System for laminated glass, will honour the winners of this year’s Vanceva® World of Colour Awards™. Winning projects will be highlighted during Glasstec 2016, the largest international glass trade show running September 20-23 in Düsseldorf, Germany. Eastman’s exhibit booth, located in Hall 11-A48 at the Messe Düsseldorf, will showcase photography and a video of the Vanceva World of Colour Awards winning projects, as well as display the actual awards that will be presented to the winners.
During the Glasstec 2016 fair, Eastman will have the opportunity to honour the winners of the fifth Vanceva World of Colour Awards, which is an international competition that recognizes the achievements of architects, interior designers, and other industry professionals who have demonstrated innovative and liberal use of Eastman’s Vanceva colour interlayers for laminated safety glass in their building design and interior spaces. There will also be an interview with the Exterior Division Winner during the award presentation.
The Vanceva Colour System provides unparalleled creative freedom to incorporate colour into glass and glazing systems using tinted interlayers laminated between two pieces of glass. A palette of 16 colours can be combined in up to four layers to produce more than 17,000 transparent, translucent and opaque glass colours. Designers enjoy unparalleled flexibility to create custom colours and one-of-a-kind aesthetics. Vanceva colour interlayers also offer all of the benefits of polyvinyl butyral (PVB) interlayers for laminated safety glass including security, solar, sound insulation and UV protection.
The competition’s only requirement is that project submissions must include extensive use of Vanceva colour interlayer products, exterior or interior. Awards are given for EXTERIOR Division Winner, INTERIOR Division Winner, as well as Honorable Mentions for both categories. This year’s competition collected the highest number of eligible projects ever with 74 projects from around the world. Awards will be presented to the designers and glass fabricators for the six winning projects at the Eastman exhibit booth.
– EXTERIOR Division Winner: Emporia Shopping, Malmö, Sweden, Architect(s)/Firm(s): Gert Wingårdh of Wingårdh arkitektkontor for Glass Laminator: CRICURSA
– INTERIOR Division Winner: Shanghai Museum of Glass, Shanghai, China; Architect(s)/Firm(s): Tilman Thürmer and Manuela Mappa of Coordination Asia for Glass Laminator: Shanghai Sheet Glass Co., Ltd
– Corning Museum of Glass, New York City, USA; Architect(s)/Firm(s): CEBRA Architect(s)/Firm(s): Thomas Phifer and Partners, New York for Glass Laminator: Thiele Glas Werk, Germany
– Giant Amber Concert Hall, Liepaja, Latvia, Architect(s)/Firm(s): Volker Giencke — Giencke & Company Architects, for Glass Laminator: AB Klar Glass Lietuva
– An Urban Park as a UFO, Beasain, Spain; Architect(s)/Firm(s): olm arquitectura – Óscar Luquin & Diego, for Glass Laminator: TVITEC Glass
– Spectrum, Perth, Australia , Artist: Rick Vermey for Glass Laminator: Cooling Brothers Glass Company
Eastman’s booth will also feature interactive displays and information about the expanded Saflex product offering for both architectural and automotive glass applications, as well as the introduction of Vanceva Illusion White.