EU Industrial producer prices down in April

EU Industrial producer prices down in April

In April 2016, compared with March 2016, industrial producer prices fell by 0.3 % in the euro area (EA19) and by 0.2 % in the EU28, according to estimates from Eurostat, the statistical office of the European Union. In March 2016 prices rose by 0.3 % in the euro area and by 0.4 % in the EU28

Graph Industrial prices

Monthly comparison by main industrial grouping and by Member State

The 0.3% decrease in industrial producer prices in total industry in the euro area in April 2016, compared with March 2016, is due to price falls of 1.1 % in the energy sector and of 0.1 % for non-durable consumer goods, while prices rose by 0.1 % for both capital goods and durable consumer goods and by 0.2 % for intermediate goods. Prices in total industry excluding energy increased by 0.1 %.

In the EU28, the 0.2 % decrease is due to price falls of 0.5 % in the energy sector and of 0.1% for non-durable consumer goods, while prices rose by 0.1 % for both capital goods and durable consumer goods and by 0.2 % for intermediate goods. Prices in total industry excluding energy increased by 0.1%.

The largest decreases in industrial producer prices were observed in Croatia (-1.5 %), Sweden (-1.0 %), Belgium, Estonia and Italy (all -0.9 %), and the highest increases in Ireland (+1.3 %), the United Kingdom (+0.6%) and Denmark (+0.5 %).

Annual comparison by main industrial grouping and by Member State

The 4.4 % decrease in industrial producer prices in total industry in the euro area in April 2016, compared with April 2015, is due to price falls of 12.5 % in the energy sector, of 2.9 % for intermediate goods and of 0.8% for non-durable consumer goods, while prices rose by 0.3 % for capital goods and by 0.9 % for durable consumer goods. Prices in total industry excluding energy fell by 1.2 %.

In the EU28, the 4.2 % price decrease is due to falls of 13.0 % in the energy sector, of 2.6 % for intermediate goods and of 0.7 % for non-durable consumer goods, while prices rose by 0.5 % for capital goods and by 0.9 % for durable consumer goods. Prices in total industry excluding energy fell by 1.1 %.

Industrial producer prices fell in all Member States except Malta (+1.0 %). The largest decreases were observed in the Netherlands (-10.3 %), Greece (-8.8 %), Belgium (-6.9 %) and Lithuania (-6.6 %).

http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.