ITA participates in VDMA compilation “Industrie 4.0 Research at German Research Institutes
ITA The Institut für Textiltechnik (Institute of Textile Technology) of RWTH Aachen University is featured in the VDMA (Verband Deutscher Maschinen- und Anlagenbauer, German Engineering federation) compilation „Industrie 4.0 Research at German Research Institutes – An Overview“ with some actual research projects. Key issues are cognitive and self-optimising textile machinery, the human-machine-interface, the networked textile process chain and the textile factory operation. ITA signifies the following most important projects with reference to Industrie 4.0:
– Excellence Cluster – Integrated production technology for high-wage countries
– SmartFactory – Elaboration of specific requirements of Industrie 4.0 in the textile industry
– SpeedFactory – Automated piece production of sporting goods and car seats
– StoreFactory – Real-time implementation of customised, knitted products based on customer-specific design requirements and physiological requirements
– SozioTex – Analysis and design of new socio-technical systems based on the handling of an innovative cross-linked production process through an ageing personnel
– AugmenTex – Realistic, time independent and independent learning of the functionality of textile machinery with the aid of Augmented Reality
– Many further direct research and development projects.
The VDMA provides its members and interested companies with the compilation „Industrie 4.0 Research at German Research Institutes – An Overview“an insight in the work of German research institutes in the range of Industrie 4.0.
The Institut für Textiltechnik (ITA) belongs to the elite university RWTH Aachen. Its core expertise consists of textile related production technologies and high performance materials. With the Centre for High Performance Materials ITA offers small and medium sized companies direct access to scientific research especially in the fields of high modulus fibres and composites. ITA provides research and development services and advanced training and creative workshops in cooperation with its partner company ITA Technologietransfer GmbH. Furthermore, ITA graduates students in various textile related courses.