March 2016 compared with February 2016 EU Industrial Producer prices up

March 2016 compared with February 2016 EU Industrial Producer prices up

In March 2016, compared with February 2016, industrial producer prices rose by 0.3 % in the euro area (EA19)   and by 0.4 % in the EU28, according to estimates from Eurostat, the statistical office of the European Union. In February 2016 prices fell by 0.7 % in the euro area and by 0.6 % in the EU28.

In March 2016, compared with March 2015, industrial producer prices decreased by 4.2 % in the euro area and by 4.1 % in the EU28.

Monthly comparison by main industrial grouping and by Member State

The 0.3 % increase in industrial producer prices in total industry in the euro area in March 2016, compared with February 2016, is due to rises of 1.2 % in the energy sector and of 0.2 % for durable consumer goods. Prices remained stable for capital goods, while they fell by 0.1 % for both intermediate goods and non-durable consumer goods. Prices in total industry excluding energy decreased by 0.1 %.

Industrial producer prices 1

In the EU28, the 0.4% increase is due to rises of 1.9 % in the energy sector and of 0.2 % for durable consumer goods. Prices remained stable for capital goods, while they fell by 0.1 % for both intermediate goods and non- durable consumer goods. Prices in total industry excluding energy remained stable.

The highest increases in industrial producer prices were observed in Greece (+1.8 %), Estonia (+1.6 %), Belgium (+1.4 %) and the United Kingdom (+1.2 %), and the largest decreases in Cyprus (-1.6%), Lithuania and Slovakia (both -0.7 %).

Annual comparison by main industrial grouping and by Member State

The 4.2 % decrease in industrial producer prices in total industry in the euro area in March 2016, compared with March 2015, is due to price falls of 12.1 % in the energy sector, of 2.6 % for intermediate goods and of 0.8 % for non- durable consumer goods, while prices rose by 0.3 % for capital goods and by 0.8 % for durable consumer goods. Prices in total industry excluding energy fell by 1.1 %.

In the EU28, the 4.1 % price decrease is due to falls of 13.0 % in the energy sector, of 2.4 % for intermediate goods and of 0.7 % for non-durable consumer goods, while prices rose by 0.6 % for capital goods and by 0.9 % for durable consumer goods. Prices in total industry excluding energy fell by 0.9 %.

Industrial producer prices fell in all Member States, with the largest decreases observed in the Netherlands

(-10.9 %), Greece (-9.0 %), Belgium and Lithuania (both -6.3 %), Slovakia (-6.2 %) and Ireland (-5.8 %).

Geographical information

The euro area (EA19) includes Belgium, Germany, Estonia, Ireland, Greece, Spain, France, Italy, Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Austria, Portugal, Slovenia, Slovakia and Finland.

The European Union (EU28) includes Belgium, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Ireland, Greece, Spain, France, Croatia, Italy, Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Hungary, Malta, the Netherlands, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Finland, Sweden and the United Kingdom.

http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat  


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.