Quaker Chemical highlights threading and coating technologies at Tube Dusseldorf 2016
Quaker Chemical Corporation (NYSE: KWR, “Quaker”), a global chemical specialty supplier focused on Tube & Pipe manufacturing, will have their experts present informative technical solutions at Tube 2016, the premier trade fair for the tube processing industry that runs from April 4-8, 2016 in Dusseldorf, Germany. The presentations will take place at Quaker’s exhibit space at Hall 5 Booth F15
The presentations will feature:
- Differentiation with Coatings for Tomorrow’s Pipe Market on Tuesday at11am, presented by Ludovic Cressy, Product Manager Coatings EMEA
- Improving Threading Technology on Wednesday at 11am, presented by GlenMay, Global OEM Manager
- Corrosion Detection through SEM/EDX Analysis on Thursday at 11am, presented by Glen May, Global OEM Manager Quaker offers a “front-to-back” range of integrated processing fluids and coatings for seamless and welded tube and pipe manufacturing. At the front end, Quaker will highlight the new QUAKERCOOL(®) 700series platform with emphasis on its threading performance for the mechanical, structural, and OCTG tube and pipe process fluid applications including:
- QUAKERCOOL(®) 730 TP for standard threading
- QUAKERCOOL(®) 750 TP for premium threading
- QUAKERCOOL(®) 770 TP for ultra-premium threading Depending on the challenge and complexity of the threading process, these multiple solutions can help extend tool life and, in turn, minimize tool and insert wear costs. The metalworking coolants in the QUAKERCOOL(®) 700series are high performance mineral oil-free microemulsions with a flexible modular design for compatibility with upstream chemistries and downstream coatings. It is a single product technology for use in multiple operations and with various substrates. In addition to thread cutting, these fluid solutions can also tackle roll forming and hydro-testing. These products are part of a product line-up that includes fire-resistant hydraulic fluids, specialty greases, hot forming and rolling lubricants, and metalworking fluids.
At the back end for finishing processes, Quaker offers QUAKERCOAT(®) 720 Black, a premium water based permanent protective primer intended for use as a corrosion inhibiting coating for metal tube and pipe surfaces. Its benefits include fast air-drying, recoatable with water-based acrylic varnishes, and low VOC content compliant with the European directive 2004/42/CE. A wide range of corrosion preventives and transport coatings, including solvent-based, water-based, and ultraviolet coatings round out the back end process offerings.
Complementary to the products, Quaker’s application expertise can assist in the entire tube and pipe making process – everything from casting, forming and finishing, to coatings – while taking into consideration maximum productivity and ensuring process and chemical compatibility.