Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics ante portas with record number of exhibitors
Shanghai will once again become the focus of the world’s apparel fabrics and accessories industry as Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics – Autumn Edition 2015 opens its door at the National Convention and Exhibition Centre (Shanghai) on October 13, 2014. Over 4,600 exhibitors (2014: 3,844) from 29 countries and regions are taking part, a new record for the fair, featuring a full range of products in 10 halls across some 228000 m2 (2014: 175,020) of exhibition area. The fair will be held from October 13 – 15, 2015
Ms Wendy Wen, Senior General Manager of the fair organiser Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd, stated: “The world economy has undergone many challenges this year, but the surge in exhibitors proves the industry still believes opportunities in the Chinese and Asian markets can be found at the fair. This 20% growth also demonstrates just how renowned Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics has become in the global industry, and how it is seen as the premier sourcing destination to be at each March and October. To ensure this remains the case going forward, we have added new elements and revamped some of our product zones at this edition to make sure that our exhibitors can take advantage of these opportunities, and so buyers have access to the latest products and technologies the industry has to offer.”
The international halls (halls 5.2 & 6.2) are divided into various pavilions and product zones to feature an extensive variety of products from around the globe, including:
• SalonEurope (hall 6.2): France, Germany, Portugal, Turkey, the UK and Italy’s Milano Unica pavilions together with exhibitors from Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Spain and Switzerland will showcase high-end European-made fabrics and accessories. In addition, the FILO Pavilion will feature Italian yarn and fibre companies within Milano Unica for the first time.
• Premium Wool Zone (hall 6.2): offering premium wool products from France, Italy and the UK. The exhibition area has increased in size by over 50%.
• Verve for Design (hall 6.2): in addition to returning design studios from Hong Kong, Italy and the UK, designers from Japan, Switzerland and Russia are also taking part for the first time to display inspiring textile pattern designs.
• Asian country and region pavilions (halls 5.2 & 6.2): India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and Thailand pavilions enrich the diversity of products on offer.
• Group pavilions (halls 5.2 & 6.2): a large selection of innovative products will be introduced in the Birla Cellulose, DuPont, GNC, Hyosung, INVISTA, Lenzing, Korea Chemical Fibers Association (KCFA), Korea Textile Trade Association (KTTA) and SRTEPC pavilions.
• All About Sustainability (hall 5.2): including an Education Zone, ecoBoutique display area, Forum Space and the Oeko-Tex pavilion. The entire sustainable supply chain as well as seminars on sustainable solutions and initiatives can be found in this area.
And a debut product zone and revamped denim area cater to current market demands:
• Performance Lab (hall 5.2): around 60 exhibitors will feature in this brand new area in response to the rapidly growing demand for high-performance products and production technology.
• Beyond Denim (hall 3): this hall not only expands by 74% but also appears with a new image. Denim exhibitors from the concurrent CHIC garment fair will also take part in this hall as it becomes a true one-stop sourcing platform covering the entire supply chain.
Categorised by product end-use, domestic exhibitors are located in six halls:
• Casual wear (hall 4.1)
• Lingerie and swimwear (hall 4.2)
• Functional wear & sportswear (hall 5.1)
• Shirting (hall 5.1)
• Suiting (hall 6.1)
• Ladieswear (halls 7.1 & 7.2)
What’s more, the Accessories Hall (hall 8.1) houses over 660 accessories suppliers from China and overseas showcasing zippers, buttons, lace & embroidery, linings & interlinings, thread, appliques, sequins, beads, rhinestones and more.
To meet the industry’s needs, new elements have been added into this year’s fringe programme. A brand new Digital Printing Forum and a series of panel discussions will be held for the first time throughout the three-day fair, along with 31 informative seminars. Experts from different industry sectors will share a wide range of design and trend ideas, the latest market news as well as industry technologies.
In addition, the Autumn / Winter 2016-17 international trends envisioned by the Directions Trend Committee will be revealed in the Intertextile Directions Trend Forum (hall 6.2). To further interpret the trends on display, Ms Ornella Bignami, Creative Director of Elementi Moda and the Trend Forum designer, will demonstrate seasonal trend stories at three Trend Tour sessions during the first two days of the fair.
Yarn Expo Autumn (hall 4.1), PH Value (hall 4.2) and CHIC, the China International Fashion Fair (halls 1 – 3) will run alongside Intertextile Shanghai from 13 – 15 October, while the Planet Textiles Summit on textiles and sustainability will take place on 14 October (3/F, C0 Office Building).
Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics – Autumn Edition 2015 is co-organised by Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd; the Sub-Council of Textile Industry, CCPIT; and the China Textile Information Centre.