Burberry has announced that it’s taking over Printemps in Paris.
Until March, 22, 2020 the fashion house will take over the department store’s renowned atrium and all eleven of its window displays with a bespoke and immersive experience dedicated to its Spring/Summer 2020 collection.
The custom-built space and windows draw on the animal kingdom – reinforcing both the fashion house’s founder, Thomas Burberry’s and Chief Creative Officer Riccardo Tisci’s recognition of the power and symbolism of animals. To celebrate this theme within Burberry’s Spring/Summer 2020 collection, the installation features animals from Burberry’s and Printemps’ heritage – from gorillas and birds to lions and rabbits.
The installation celebrates both institutions’ iconic colour palettes – from Burberry beige to Printemps pink – and features carpets imprinted with the Thomas Burberry logo, contrasting mirrored surfaces and black and white watercolour print walls.
The dedicated space will house Burberry’s latest collection for men and women, including trench coats, hoodies and T-shirts adorned with animal prints, the Burberry Horseferry House logo and the Monogram motif, as well as house’s signature bag offering – The TB family, comprising the TB and the Lola bags in new colourways and fabrications from animal print to canvas. Accessories will also be available to purchase exclusively at Printemps until March 22.
The Burberry Spring/Summer 2020 collection will also be available to purchase on Printemps.com, which launches early next month, as well as in Burberry stores globally and on Burberry.com.
‘We are thrilled to launch this exclusive partnership with Printemps, which brings Burberry’s Spring/Summer 2020 collection to life through powerful installations and unique, creative experiences. Throughout the store takeover we have worked closely with Printemps to celebrate Burberry’s rich heritage while introducing our new house codes and iconic products. We are excited to welcome customers to immerse themselves in the world of Burberry and explore our new collection.’ Marco Gentile, President EMEIA, Burberry
About the Spring Summer 2020 collection
- Burberry’s Spring/Summer collection, called Evolution, is a celebration of new house codes and is influenced by the time Burberry was founded – the Victorian era.
- The collection mixes innovative techniques with classic fabrications. A Victorian-inspired silhouette creates cinched waists and elaborate sleeves for both men and women, while fluid fabrics and hybrid details such as detachable and extendable hems feature throughout.
About Printemps and Printemps.com
- Founded in 1865 by Jules Jaluzot, Printemps is one of the top french names in fashion, luxury and beauty with 19 department stores in France. With over 2 500 brands and a total surface area of 180,000m², Printemps welcome 60 million visitors to its stores annually, over 20 million of whom visit Printemps Haussmann in Paris.
- Printemps boasts an exceptional cultural and artistic history, and its flagship on Boulevard Haussmann is the best known representation of this heritage. The signature store is a listed building, and has celebrated its 150th anniversary in 2015.
About The TB Bag
- Introduced as part of Riccardo Tisci’s debut collection for Burberry, the TB bag references the initials of the fashion house’s founder, Thomas Burberry.
- The bag is available in a range of colours, styles and sizes including a small and medium bag, bum bag and envelope clutch, all with bespoke Thomas Burberry Monogram hardware.
About The Lola Bag
- The Lola Bag is an evolution of the TB bag.
- The bag, which is available in small and medium sizes, features an adjustable cross-body chain strap which is cut with a unique diamond effect and can be worn on the shoulder, across the body or as a clutch.
- The leather is quilted and padded to replicate the iconic Burberry check and features a hand stitched gusset detail with special twisted thread technique.