From leaders to entrepreneurs and high-performance athletes – JEC World 2020 is thrilled to welcome an exclusive line-up of special guests! As part of our top-of-the-line conferences, they will share their expertise, vision, and perspective in front of all the players in the composites industry. You would not want to miss all the action in the Agora stage (Hall 5), the heart and soul of the three- day JEC World 2020 show.
We chose leading experts as speakers for our inspiring conferences!
• Inventor and genius entrepreneur Franky Zapata, a.k.a. ‘the Flying Man’, will be one of the star speakers at JEC World 2020. As the CEO and founder of the company that bears his name, he became well-known for his famed crossing of the English Channel in August 2019 on his Flyboard® Air. His keynote speech, ‘Back to the Future: Flying Man Becoming Real – How I Built the Flyboard’ on Wednesday, March 4, from 4.05 to 4.30pm will undoubtedly be one of the highlights of the show.
• Representatives from major industries that use composites will also be in attendance:
– Hervé Gilibert, CTO of ArianeGroup, will lead a conference on the JEC Industry Program for the aerospace sector, ‘Towards a More Sustainable Strategy’, on Tuesday, March 4, from 4.35 to 4.55pm.
– Alan Banks, UK Innovations Supervisor at Ford Motor Company, will deliver his keynote speech for the JEC Industry Program regarding the automotive sector, ‘The Right Material in the Right Place’, on Wednesday, March 4, from 2.35 to 2.55pm.
• High-performance athletes will also share their experiences with us. Some of the notable speakers include:
– Solo sailor Thomas Coville, together with his technical coordinator Elie Canivenc, who will be representing Team Sodebo Voile on Thursday, March 5, from 11.30 to 11.55am.
– Wheelchair tennis player Stéphane Houdet, who will be giving a presentation as part of the sports and health JEC Industry Program titled: ‘The Composites Trifecta: Design Flexibility, Performance and Comfort’ on Thursday, March 5, from 2 to 2.30pm.
• The composite materials industry will also be well-represented by:
– Marcio Sandri, President of the Composite Materials business unit at Owens Corning, who will be giving a keynote speech on Wednesday, March 4, from 9.30 to 10am titled ‘View from the Top’ on ‘Reframing Glass’ Role in Infrastructure’.
– Carmelo Lo Faro, President of the Composite Materials business unit at Solvay, will deliver a presentation also titled ‘View from the Top‘: ‘The Industrialization Era’, on Thursday, March 5, from 9.30 to 10am.
Finally, architect Maximiliano Arrocet, one of the director at award-winning architecture and design studio AL_A, will also join us in the Agora stage to share his vision of nanocomposites for the architecture industry in collaboration with Ed Clarke, Associate Director at Arup, on Thursday, March 5, from 12 to 12.30pm.
Cutting-edge technical conferences
In addition to these inspiring speeches, we will be offering conferences with a technical bent for a highly qualified audience:
– Markus Schreiber, a researcher at Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V., will deliver a keynote speech titled: ’Mixing Materials, Technologies and Robots in an Automated Composite Production’.
– Francisco Chinesta, Scientific Committee Chairman and Head of the Scientific Department at ESI Group, will moderate the conference: ‘Composites and their Forming Processes in the Era of Data and Artificial Intelligence: Composite Twins’.
– Finally, Patrick Duis, Segment Leader at DSM Additive Manufacturing and Kees Van Iselmuijden, Senior Structural Engineer at Royal Haskoning DHV, will hold a discussion on ‘How to Design and Print a 4-Meter Long Structural Pedestrian Bridge’.
JEC Group is the world’s leading company dedicated entirely to the development of information and business connections channels and platforms supporting the growth and promotion of the composite materials industry. Publisher of the JEC Composites Magazine – the industry’s reference magazine, JEC Group drives global innovation programs and organizes several events in the world, including JEC World (the foremost and world- leading international exhibition dedicated to composite materials and their applications), which takes place every March in Paris.