To coincide with the opening of Nordstrom’s first New York flagship on 57th Street, Burberry has become the first fashion house to take over the store’s concept space with a giant bespoke immersive installation spanning five rooms.
Located at the entrance of 57th street and Broadway, the Burberry installation is open until the end of December 2019 and includes:
- An immersive room dedicated to the Thomas Burberry Monogram with the signature house code of interlocking TB initials adorning the floors, ceiling and walls.
- A theatre echoing Burberry’s Autumn / Winter 2019 runway show space, with wood paneled walls and raised seating. Pieces from the runway collection are also displayed on floating bust forms.
- A raw, industrial space with cardboard building blocks contrasting with silver and gold mirrored cubes, with rectangular shapes covered in the Thomas Burberry Monogram packaging tape.
- The windows of the concept shop which form a blank canvas for visitors to illustrate and decorate, inspired by the house’s Bond Street store in London.
- A café, inspired by Burberry’s all-day café, Thomas’s, in London. The café features Nick Knight’s Portrait of a Rose print throughout and offers a menu of British classics including a traditional English breakfast, fish and chips as well as bread and butter pudding.
The dedicated Burberry space features a curated selection of products by Nordstrom’s VP of Creative Projects Olivia Kim from the Autumn / Winter 2019 collection, Tempest, alongside the Thomas Burberry Monogram collection, the Spring / Summer 2020 pre-collection and Monogram motif products including T-shirts, hoodies and accessories.