Coats, the world’s leading industrial thread
has published its first sustainability report
The report, ‘Pioneering a sustainable future’, also launches a sustainability strategy which sets out seven ambitious targets for 2022 across five priority areas in order to accelerate our progress towards a more sustainable future.
The five priority areas are water, energy, effluent and emissions, social and living sustainably.
Coats published its first sustainability report
Our Priority Areas:
We identified these areas by listening to all our
stakeholders – customers, employees and investors – as well as consumers, and
considering the values and ethics which are most important to them.
We then looked at where there was the most potential for improvement in our own manufacturing and operations and having identified the five priority areas, we set seven ambitious targets to be achieved by 2022:
40% reduction in water used in litres/kg thread produced
• 7% reduction in energy used in kwh/kg thread produced
• Source renewable energy where feasible
• Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals effluent standards
• ‘Great place to work’ or equivalent awards for all key sites
• All employees involved in community activities
• 25% reduction in waste
• There is also an additional target of manufacturing 100% recycled premium
polyester threads by 2024
Find out more about our targets and approach to sustainability.