Several of the industry’s best known printer and finishing equipment manufacturers will demonstrate their newest, best and brightest technologies at SGIA on Aurora printable textiles
Aurora Specialty Textiles Group, Inc., will play a major role at several of the booths at SGIA EXPO 2018 in addition to hosting visitors at their own booth on the main floor, Booth 2791. SGIA EXPO 2018 takes place at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, Oct. 18-20, 2018.
Several major digital printer manufacturers and finishing equipment brands will use Aurora’s printable textiles — including Aurora’s new fully-expanded, Expressions canvas line — to demonstrate their newest, best and most advanced printing and finishing technologies on the convention floor.
Nearly anywhere you turn at SGIA 2018, you’ll see Aurora’s printable textiles at work demonstrating the latest equipment technologies, including new equipment from several of the show’s Platinum and Gold sponsors:
- HP (Booths 1476 and 1161): 120” wide Expressions Matte Canvas will be used to demonstrate HP’s Latex 3600 printer and Expressions 60” wide Gloss Canvas and 60” wide Expressions Décor Semi-Gloss Canvas will be used on the HP Latex 570.
- Mimaki (Booth 2161) Aurora’s Linen FR, Twill FR, and Uncoated Cotton Fabric will be used to demonstrate Mimaki’s Textile Pigment Inks.
- Durst (Booth 2397) Dual rolls of 96” Expressions Matte Canvas will run on the Durst Rho 512R LED printer.
- Fujifilm (Booth 1119) Aurora’s 63″ Pearl will run on Fujifilm’s Acuity Ultra 3208W. The Acuity Ultra 3208W is making its debut at SGIA.
- SwissQprint (Booth 950 ) – 122″ wide Expressions Semi-Gloss Canvas will be used to demonstrate the new Newsprint Nyala 3. This the debut of the Nyala 3.
- Zund (Booth 701) : Aurora’s 60″ Triple White will be used to demonstrate Zund’s S3 L-1600 and the G3 3XL-3200 digital cutters.
- IT Supplies (Booth 735) : Aurora’s 60″ Expressions Semi-Gloss & Matte canvases will run on the Canon OCE Colorado UV Gel ink and Epson S80 Solvent printers. IT will also transfer print on Aurora’s Accent Soft Knit 5oz with an Epson 9370 and IT will demo heat transfer on Aurora products with a Therm TX Rotary unit.
Several Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s), above, chose Aurora’s Expressions line to demo their latest equipment. Although introduced just two years ago, Expressions has quickly become the canvas of choice for discerning printers nationwide.
The full Expressions line offers a broad range of printable fabrics in both 60 inch (~1.3 meter) and 122-126 inch (~3.2 meter) widths. Expressions canvases have been engineered to optimize print performance on today’s latest wide format digital printers utilizing UV, Latex, Solvent and Dye Sublimation ink technologies and are available in five different finishes, three different Oxford weaves and in poly-cotton blends as well as 100 % cotton and 100 % polyester.
“Aurora is focused on developing extensive working partnerships with primary OEM’s to help Print Service providers [PSP’s] know that our products have been tried, extensively tested and proven to work optimally with the equipment they use,” said Mark Shaneyfelt, director of sales and marketing for printable textiles at Aurora. “We work closely with both the OEM’s and PSP’s to provide printable textiles that we know will work well on various equipment.”
Announcement of the demos at SGIA EXPO 2018 follows the news that Aurora has opened a new regional Fulfilment Center in Santa Fe Springs, California, in Los Angeles County, to meet growing demand for Aurora’s extensive family of printable textiles on the West Coast and provide same day and next day delivery to West Coast customers.
Aurora Specialty Textiles Group, Inc. is a global leader in coating, dyeing and finishing of both woven and non-woven fabrics. Based in Yorkville, Illinois, U.S.A., the company has a 135-year tradition of innovation and in 2015 invested in a new state-of-the-art, wide width coating and finishing line, and a new facility, that dramatically expand their ability to serve customers. Products include digitally-printable textiles, specialty home products, tape-backing products and technical textiles for a wide variety of industries. Aurora Specialty Textiles Group, Inc., is a Meridian Industries, Inc. company and ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified.