Labs may now register online for all 2019 AATCC Proficiency Testing Programmes (PTP) programmes. PTPs support certification and continuous improvement initiatives for textile laboratories.
Six AATCC programs cover Antibacterial, Appearance, Colour Evaluation, Colourfastness, Fibre Analysis, and Water Resistance test methods and evaluation procedures. Samples are selected to provide consistent results in a meaningful range for each program.
Online registration, launched in September 2018, allows labs to complete registration and credit card payment in one easy step.
For more information, visit www.aatcc.org/test/proficiency
How it works
- Labs register for one or more PTPs.
- AATCC sends samples, instructions, and data sheets to participating labs twice per year.
- Labs have approximately one month to complete testing and submit results online.
- AATCC distributes a report to participating labs with a confidential lab code.
- Each lab receives a Certificate of Participation.
Visual Colour Evaluation
Samples shipped January and July
- EP1, Gray Scale for Colour Change
- EP2, Gray Scale for Staining
Samples shipped February and August
- TM20, Fibre Analysis: Qualitative
- TM20A, Fibre Analysis: Quantitative
Appearance & Physical Properties
Samples shipped March and September
- TM88B, Seam Smoothness in Fabrics after Home Laundering
- TM88C, Crease Retention in Fabrics after Home Laundering
- TM124, Appearance of Fabrics after Home Laundering
- TM135, Dimensional Changes of Fabrics after Home Laundering
Samples shipped April and October
- TM100, Antibacterial Finishes on Textile Materials: Assessment of
- TM147, Antibacterial Activity Assessment of Textile Materials: Parallel Streak Method
Water Resistance & Repellency
Samples shipped May and November
- TM22, Water Repellency: Spray Test
- TM35, Water Resistance: Rain Test
- TM42, Water Resistance: Impact Penetration Test
- TM127, Water Resistance: Hydrostatic Pressure Test
Samples shipped June and December
- TM8, Colourfastness to Crocking: Crockmeter Method
- TM15, Colourfastness to Perspiration
- TM16.3, Colourfastness to Light: Xenon-Arc
- TM61, Colourfastness to Laundering: Accelerated
- TM107, Colourfastness to Water
AATCC is the world’s leading not-for-profit association serving textile professionals since 1921. AATCC, headquartered in Research Triangle Park, NC, USA, provides test method development, quality control materials, and professional networking for members in about 50 countries throughout the world.