The 2023 edition of Key figures on Europe is now published. With intuitive visualisations and concise text, this publication provides statistics and insight into the current situation and recent developments across the EU, people and society, the economy and business, and the environment and natural resources. With this publication, you can also see how your country is doing in different areas and how it compares to other Member States.
You can find answers to questions such as:
- What is the gender pay gap in your country?
- What consumer goods were most affected by inflation?
- Does the average EU household spend more on food and non-alcoholic beverages or on housing, water, and energy?
- How dependent is your country on imported energy?
- How many kilograms of waste do EU citizens generate?
- How much of the energy used in your country comes from renewables, such as wind, solar, and biomass?
- How much of the total agricultural area in your country is used for organic farming?
- This publication provides you with a selection of interesting key statistics on the European Union (EU), its Member States as well as the countries of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA). Drawing from the rich collection of data available at Eurostat, we aim to provide insight into the current situation and recent developments across the EU with regard to people and society, the economy and business, and the environment and natural resources.This publication may be viewed as an introduction to EU statistics and provides a starting point for those who wish to explore the wide range of data that is freely available on Eurostat’s website and presented in a large number of online articles in Statistics Explained.
(13588 KB – application/pdf)
- Product code: KS-EI-23-001
- ISBN: 978-92-68-04391-2
- ISSN: 2315-201X
- Digital Object Identifier (DOI): 10.2785/494153
- Themes: General and regional statistics
- Collection: Key figures