The Sustainable Development Goal ‘Affordable and Clean Energy’ (SDG 7) calls for ensuring universal access to affordable, reliable and sustainable energy. This includes improving energy efficiency, increasing the share of renewables and further diversifying the energy mix while ensuring the affordability of energy for citizens.
Monitoring SDG 7 within the EU involves looking at developments in energy consumption, energy supply and access to affordable energy.
Starting tomorrow and until 22 June, the European Sustainable Energy Week 2023
will be underway. Join us and take part online or onsite in Europe’s biggest annual conference dedicated to renewables and energy efficiency.
Some of the indicators that monitor SDG 7 Affordable and clean energy are the following:
Would you like to learn more?
You can find out more about the EU’s progress towards the SDGs with the following:
- The publication Sustainable Development in the European Union – monitoring report on progress towards the SDGs in an EU context, 2023 edition provides an overview of progress towards the SDGs in the EU;
- the visualisation tool – SDGs & me – to help you explore the situation of your country and compare it to others;
- the visualisation tool – SDG country overview – to compare your country with the EU average;
- and the recording of the webinar on the EU’s progress held on 25 May.
For more information:
- Set of Statistics Explained articles on sustainable development in the EU
- Sustainable development in the European Union — Statistical annex to the EU voluntary review — 2023 edition
- Thematic section on the Sustainable Development Goals
- Database on the Sustainable Development Goals
- Statistics for the European Green Deal
- The European Commission’s SDG Policy Mapping Tool
- United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development