May 25, 2023
Highest shares of women in ICT in Bulgaria, Romania and Estonia
The share of women working as ICT specialists experienced a marginal decline in 2022 compared with 2021 (18.9% compared with 19.1%), breaking the upward trend observed since 2014.
Among the EU countries, the highest shares of women among employed ICT specialists were observed in Bulgaria (28.9 %), Romania (25.2 %) and Estonia (24.5 %), while the smallest shares were observed in Czechia (10.9 %) and Hungary (13.6 %).
For more information:
- Statistics Explained article on ICT specialists in employment
- Thematic section on digital economy and society
- Database on digital economy and society
- Thematic section on employment and unemployment
- Database on employment and unemployment
- ICT specialists: people who have the ability to develop, operate and maintain ICT systems and for whom ICT constitutes the main part of their job.
- ICT specialists’ statistics are derived from Labour Force Survey
- As of 2021, as a consequence of implementing the new regulation on Integrated European Social Statistics, definitions differ in Spain and France: see the source data (Labour Force Survey) metadata for more details.
- Croatia: data for women have low reliability.