This year, the World IP day campaign is celebrating the “can do” attitude of women inventors, creators, entrepreneurs and IP professionals around the world!
Women in all regions are driving scientific breakthroughs, setting new creative trends, building businesses and transforming our world, but often face significant challenges in accessing the knowledge, skills, resources and support they need to thrive.
The World Intellectual Property Day Gallery features women from around the world who are forging new horizons with their groundbreaking ideas and paving the way for others.
|Nominate one or more talented women innovators, creators, entrepreneurs and/or IP professionals, who are using IP rights, or supporting the use of IP rights, to accelerate innovation and creativity, and whose work is an inspiration!
IP Training Opportunities for Women
Does your organisation, company or university offer any IP-related mentoring or training courses for women inventors, creators and/or entrepreneurs?
Share details of your gender-focused IP programs on the World IP Day resources web page.
Let’s support all women inventors, creators and entrepreneurs to advance and increase their skills.
Enter the Video Competition Now!
Don’t miss the chance to participate in the World IP Day 2023 Video Competition by submitting a 90-second video showing why it’s important for girls and women to switch on to intellectual property.
There are great prizes for the top 10 best videos.
World IP Day Gallery
Celebrating innovative, creative and enterprising women around the world
The World Intellectual Property Day Gallery features women from around the world who are forging new horizons with their groundbreaking ideas.
To submit a nomination, please complete the form:
The winners will receive prizes as follows:
- First Prize: Digital equipment to the maximum value of CHF 5000
- Second Prize: Digital equipment to the maximum value of CHF 3000
- Third Prize: Digital equipment to the maximum value of CHF 1000
- The top 10 winning videos will benefit from training opportunities offered by the WIPO Academy.
WIPO will purchase the aforementioned digital equipment and will arrange for it to be dispatched to the winners. The shipping costs of the prizes to the top three winners shall be borne by WIPO. Awards are non-transferable. Winners are responsible for the payment of any other prize-related expenses, including taxes in their country. In the event that a winner is unreachable or ineligible, the winner shall forfeit their prize and WIPO reserves the right to offer the prize to any other participant of the Competition.
Under the theme “When women enter the IP universe, we accelerate innovation and creativity and everyone’s a winner,” participants are requested to submit a 90-second video that explores the importance of girls and women switching to IP, and how we all benefit from this.
The video may showcase the creativity and innovation of women inventors, creators, and entrepreneurs, highlighting how IP rights can enable women to make an even greater impact on society and the economy, as well as the collective benefits that rise from participation of a greater number of women in innovation and IP ecosystems.
- Entry deadline: March 19, 2023 at 23:59 CET.
- 10 shortlisted videos will be published on the Competition platform on April 13, 2023.
- The Online Public Vote to select the winners of the Competition will open on April 13, 2023.
- Online Public Vote closes on April 23, 2023, at 23:59 CET.
- Winning videos will be announced on April 26, 2023.
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age to enter the competition.
- Individual or group entry submissions (up to 10 group members).
- The video creator holds all the rights to the uploaded video.
- Your video must not have been previously published online, nor have been recognised and/or awarded in another competition.
- The video does not violate any copyright, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, industrial designs, distinctive signs, contractual obligations, or any other intellectual property rights, or other proprietary rights of any third party.
- The video is accompanied by a transcript in any of the following languages: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, or Spanish.