Read the latest BoF Insights report to get BoF’s perspective on designer shoes, covering shifts in the competitive landscape, product innovation and what high-net-worth individuals in particular are looking for when buying designer shoes.
- Diana Lee,
- Rawan Maki,
- Benjamin Schneider
06 December 2022
- A new BoF Insights’ survey of high-net-worth individuals in the US, China and the UK found that 46 percent expect to increase their spend on designer shoes in the next year.
- The market for designer shoes is set to grow to $40 billion by 2027 from $31 billion today, according to Euromonitor International.
- There has been a “smartening” of comfort and casual styles with the addition of more embellishments, such as crystals and rhinestones, while consumers continue to seek out comfort and versatility post-pandemic.
The New Statement Shoe: Reimagining Designer Footwear
- BoF’s guide to the designer shoe universe, examining the current and future competitive landscape, trends and high-net-worth consumer behaviour through proprietary surveys and expert interviews.
- Designer shoes are entering a new era of creativity and growth. From the rise of streetwear — and the elevation of the sneaker into a status symbol — to the impact of the pandemic on lifestyles and socialising, consumers today are looking for both comfort and reinvention when shopping for designer footwear. In “The New Statement Shoe: Reimagining Designer Footwear,” BoF Insights explores these shifting consumer dynamics and assesses how brands are responding. What is clear is that demand for high-end footwear is growing even amid intensifying competition, with the category expected to grow to $40 billion by 2027 from $31 billion today.
- The report contains executive perspectives on shifting assortment dynamics, pricing strategy, collaborations and creative development, along with market sizing data from Euromonitor International, style assortment and runway data from Edited and Tagwalk, and new proprietary insights from high-net-worth-consumers in the US, UK and China provided in partnership with luxury research firm Altiant.
- Publication Date:December 2022
Length: 108 pages
File Format: PDF
- Price: GBP 1895.00